UPnP and K26 -UPnP not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
root@teeriniemigw:~# echo $PATH
/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/jffs/sbin:/jffs/bin:/jffs/usr/sbin:/jffs/usr/bin:/mmc/sbin:/mmc/bin:/mmc/usr/sbin:/mmc/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/usr/sbin:/opt/usr/bin:/tmp
Sponsor
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
olmari wrote:
Code:
/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/jffs/sbin:/jffs/bin:/jffs/usr/sbin:/jffs/usr/bin:/mmc/sbin:/mmc/bin:/mmc/usr/sbin:/mmc/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/usr/sbin:/opt/usr/bin:/tmp

If you cd to / and type mini then hit tab, does it autocomplete the name?

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
olmari wrote:
Code:

If you cd to / and type mini then hit tab, does it autocomplete the name?

It does autocomplete it, yet result is allways the same :/
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm probably missing something simple to tell you, if you ask your question @ linuxquestions.org you will probably get an answer. I'm out of ideas, sorry.

BrainSlayer Builds

olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
I'm probably missing something simple to tell you, if you ask your question @ linuxquestions.org you will probably get an answer. I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Well.. We both know the executable itself works on x86 desktop hardware, "just" not in DD-WRT...

Would it matter that DD-WRT runs on 2.6.24 or so kernel?
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The kernel of the machine it was built on is 2.6.31 so no, it seems like I had this problem one other time and the executable was corrupt. Try to re download it, but you probably have. I also recently ran into a web browser transparently decompress a .gz I was downloading but leaving the extension .gz and making gzip believe it was a bad file.

BrainSlayer Builds

olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
The kernel of the machine it was built on is 2.6.31 so no, it seems like I had this problem one other time and the executable was corrupt. Try to re download it, but you probably have. I also recently ran into a web browser transparently decompress a .gz I was downloading but leaving the extension .gz and making gzip believe it was a bad file.

Well I used my own server to "host" those files uncompressed already, also downloading files to mine laptop and executable works.. Just not in DD-WRT.. And yes, tried several downloads etc...
n3IVI0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm now that UPNP is required for any of the major media servers to work under DD-WRT. I was running Mediatomb, and switched to Twonky once I installed FOS (Frater's Optware Script). Both worked great until I switched to the WRT610Nv2 router, and a corresponding K2.6 firmware from Eko. After that, with the UPNP problems already mentioned, neither media server will load. The symptoms are the same for both: 1) the daemon loads from the command line 2) a status check reveals that the daemon IS currently running 3) the media server is not accessible from the designated port for the webgui 4) no database files are created with Twonky, even though it is set to autoscan and was working before K2.6. It would seem a functioning UPNP is required not just to access the media server, but also to load the software in the first place. If anybody could confirm this on their rig, it would be cool.

The Catch-22 in all this is that I made the change to the v2 router in order to install the K2.6 firmware so I could mount multiple luns. That part worked perfectly. Now, however, I cannot access the media server I worked to create on my NAS. It's just a nuisance, really. Everything else works, I just can't stream video or music to my PS3 anymore until this is fixed. I had installed miniupnpd, and though it works for automatically forwarding ports, my media servers do not jive with it well. If anybody knows of anything else that might be causing this, let me know. Also, we need a fix for UPNP. Just FYI. Thanks!
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok... let do small steps...

1) Are you saying that upnp is working on all other dd-wrt builds but K26
2) What exactly is working and what is not
3) Is high load connected to https or not? Please disable https for now for testing.
evox2008
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Ok... let do small steps...

1) Are you saying that upnp is working on all other dd-wrt builds but K26
2) What exactly is working and what is not
3) Is high load connected to https or not? Please disable https for now for testing.

1) Yes, the k24 builds work just fine for UPnP
2) consistent 1.00 load, the ports/applications show in the UPnP list (as of 12.12.09 firmware date). uTorrent (that's what I test it with) shows that no incoming connections are allowed.
3) Not sure how to disable https (is it for Web Access?)

Basically, it's the 1.00 load that isn't good, otherwise "it works".
Thanks for getting on it Smile

Last edited by evox2008 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:30; edited 1 time in total
jumran
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
evox2008 wrote:
uTorrent (that's what I test it with) shows that no incoming connections are allowed.

You should not use Utorrent to test for open ports. Utorrent on my system offen reports no incoming connections when I know the port is open.

Use the following link to test if port is open.

http://canyouseeme.org/
evox2008
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
jumran wrote:

You should not use Utorrent to test for open ports. Utorrent on my system offen reports no incoming connections when I know the port is open.

I get the same connection timed out error on all my ports (even on those that I explicitly allowed)...
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
jumran wrote:
evox2008 wrote:
uTorrent (that's what I test it with) shows that no incoming connections are allowed.

Actually I find utorrent okay for testing upnp, don't go by what the utorrent gui tells you...go by what iptables says on the router.

@ Eko

Could you tell me how the webif knows what ports are opened for upnp? I assume your using bash to grab a named chain with iptables? I could at least update my script to allow the webif to show the ports opened by miniupnpd for those who are using it, in a nice way. Although thanks to you I could use MyPage, but I would rather forgo the extra steps since this is probably a temporary thing.

BrainSlayer Builds

Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
see /router/shared/nvparse.c
Well... see all changes in r11661, you'll get the idea.
Specially the changes to /router/upnp/src/linux/linux_osl.c
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
see /router/shared/nvparse.c
Well... see all changes in r11661, you'll get the idea.
Specially the changes to /router/upnp/src/linux/linux_osl.c

Thanks for the prompt answer, I will definitely have a peek.

BrainSlayer Builds

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: