WRT600N tracert exploit with stock Linksys firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
jb510
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
deftflux wrote:
Snif: As per the WIP thread for the 610, it is not as of yet supported by dd-wrt.

Does DD-WRT support both wireless radios on the WRT600N? (Excuse my repeating the question, I don't want it to fall through the cracks.)

The SVN (Alpha/Beta versions) have limited support for the second radio. It is still not 100%. At present the 5Ghz radio works on N. The most stable build for a long time was 10431, but it was limited to 135 Mbps on the N band I think. The newer versions are supposed to support 270 Mbps, and there are supposedly stable versions but I still haven't found those as reliable as others seem to (I think it might be a hardware issue for me at this point).

There are several threads to read:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24947

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40782

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43328

be forewarned before just jumping on the latest SVN build:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44537
Sponsor
gaganwalia
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
just wanted to put in my 2-bit (quarter byte!)

i flashed my wrt600n with eko 11596 but the router did not work properly, the web gui was reallllllllyly slow.

so i went back to 11482 eko build and it was ok. the first hour my port 80 (website) did not work properly, but after an hour it was fine. (my management is moved to port 81). all the other ports were working at full speed. just port 80 had this issue for a while. i did a lot of 30/30/30 qand everything i could think off, but no luck,just waited for an hour, it worked fine.

secondly, on the 11482 build and 11596 build the problem is that the startup scripts do not load properly, sometime they load and sometimes they dont.

scripts that are stored on a pen drive (mounted on /jffs) will not load because pen drive does not mount before startup. so i have to unplug the pen drive, and then replug it in, then i have to go to telnet, stop all httpd and restart httpd on all the ports i want them to run on.

it a pain.
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted this in the other thread, and figured it would be good to post it here as well.

jmh9072 wrote:
For those who would like to turn on the security LEDs on the WRT600N:

You can turn the LEDs on manually using the gpio utility. Set this as a startup script so the lights will survive a reboot:

Code:
gpio disable 8
gpio disable 10
sleep 30
gpio enable 8
gpio enable 10
gpio disable 9
gpio disable 11

This script will light up the orange LEDs for 30 seconds, then change them to green.

Se7en is Darker...
confuxion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 21:16    Post subject: Attaching external HD to WRT600N Reply with quote
Ok, I know I'm probably going to get slammed for posting this here, but I've searched for this topic fairly extensively already and am I total virgin to networking of all kinds. I'm sorry if I offend anyone by posting this here. I have already gone through about 100 posts on this forum, looking for answers to my problem.

I am running the following on a Linksys WRT600N wireless router:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/26/0Cool mega
(SVN revision 10431M NEWD Eko)

I have read the following tutorial for setting up the Samba filesystem on the router:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Samba

But I am still confused. All I want to do is attach an external USB hard drive to my router, and set it up in DD-WRT so that my two co-workers in different locations can log in and access the content on the hard drive. Can anyone point me to a specific (but simple) tutorial for doing this?

My main confusion lies in whether or not I need to run a Samba server (such as Slim Samba2 or HDSamba3) on my Vista Ultimate PC in addition to running the Samba client on my router. Also, I have a DynDNS account and would eventually like to point a domain to this mounted hard drive on my router. Not even sure if this is possible. Any help is SO appreciated.
spunk1611
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I can't help you much on your Samba shares but I can on your DynDNS account. All you need to do is install their updater and update your domain name to your ISP's ip address that they assisn to you. A good way to check to see if it updated your domain using your ip address from you ISP is to go to start, click run, type cmd. A command prompt should appear and just type nslookup (domain name) . Obviously replacing domain name with your domain name. It should let you know what ip address is associated with that domain. You should be using a public (Class A) address like 68.etc,etc,etc; so if it is a private (Class C) address like 192.etc,etc,etc then it most likely isn't the right address. You need to make sure it updates your domain with your ip address received by your Internet provider. Hope this help.
Darr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, I've read all the threads linked by JB510 at the top of this page. It's a lot of info, and of course some of it's contradictory.

So to kind of bottom-line this for people who make it to the end (I'm currently seeing page 21 of this thread), could I get a few clarifications, please?

e.g. The download link in the WRT600N wiki page is broken. A folder for the 08/05 file spec'd there doesn't even exist in Brainslayer's tree.

The new router database points to build 13064... it's about impossible to get a URL from that download process - is that the same file as this one from Brainslayer's 13064 folder?

It's not clear if that's got the NEWD or NEWD-2 driver, either.
Since WRT600N is on the 'works' list for NEWD-2, after flashing the 13064 WRT600N-specific file, can we then flash Eko's NEWD-2 'big' 13401 build and expect the 5GHz radio to (still) work?

After I flash the WRT600N I picked up on ebay for $150, and get it working correctly, I'll be happy to update that wiki page.

Thanks.
[edit1 - corrected page count]
splinter911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump Darr's post

I am curious as well maybe Seven could add his two cents.

As you can see I am ready to upgrade the firmware. This version radio finnaly died.

Router Name
Router Model Linksys WRT600N v1.1
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/06/09) mega - build 12615
MAC Address
Current Time Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:59:03
Uptime 103 days, 10:49
Darr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darr wrote:
Since WRT600N is on the 'works' list for NEWD-2, after flashing the 13064 WRT600N-specific file, can we then flash Eko's NEWD-2 'big' 13401 build and expect the 5GHz radio to (still) work?

i.e. Or would the NEWD-2 file for WRT610N work in the WRT600N v1.1, too?
Darr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Darr wrote:

i.e. Or would the NEWD-2 file for WRT610N work in the WRT600N v1.1, too?

Best guess, anyone?

I presume this NEWD-2 file, which has the WPS switch reboot fix in it, is probably not required on the WRT600N. (or would the 600N's switch on top, labeled "reserved," then act as a reboot switch, too, if that WRT610N file is used?)
DarkSplinter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are Vlan taggings ok ? And multiple DHCP ? And trunking ?

Because I saw that router that uses Gigabit and that has a broadcom chipset won't work with vlan tagging...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: