Wrt54g2 v1.0 with dual wan and (hopefully) VPN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
t_alves
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:02    Post subject: Wrt54g2 v1.0 with dual wan and (hopefully) VPN? Reply with quote
I've got a Linksys Wrt54g2 v1.0 and I'd like to set it up for dual wan (one Cable/DHCP and the other ADSL/PPPoE).

I managed to install DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/01/09) micro-plus-ssh but now I need jffs to store the dual wan scripts. I think the build I'm using does not allow jffs, since Wrt54g2 have only 2MB flash, is that correct?

My question: is there a build for my hardware that will allow me to use jffs and configure dual wan? (eg: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13869)

OpenVPN and SSH are desirable, but not a must. The priority is dual WLAN.

Any help will be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance[/b]
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
No micro build supports jffs. With only 2M flash we're lucky we can get dd-wrt to run at all.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Redhawk, thanks for the quick reply!

So what you are saying is that currently is impossible to set dual wan on my wrt54g2, since I can't have jffs, right?

I've got another identical router (wrt54g2). Is it possible to configure separate wans and then "join" the two networks together? I guess not, because the workstations wouldn't know which gateway to use... anyway, I'm just wondering if there is a workaround for my situation, or do I have to throw the routers away and buy another one with 4 or 8MB flash.

Thanks again!

[Small edit: corrected some grammar erros)
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah...without jffs support...it will be hard to write/execute the scripts required.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13869

oh...and regarding the combining of two routers...I would imagine its possible...but I have no clue how to go about it.

It would be better if you have a unit that had 4M flash minimum.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: