WHR-G300N Hopefullness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
walk1355
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:03    Post subject: WHR-G300N Hopefullness Reply with quote
I have searched hi and low for solutions to my problems and am just confused as there seems to be many threads with answers which are then later confirmed to not work.

Anyway, I have 2 whr-g300n routers. I want to set one up as a main ap and the other as a client bridge so I can connect some wired devices to my cb and connect the cb to the ap wirelessly. I also want to be able to use the wireless from the ap to connect an iPhone 3gs running the most recent firwmare (the reason I post about the iPhone is I have read there are some issues with some of the firmwares for the routers).

I am also willing to put the second router in wireless repeater mode as long as I can still connect some devices to the repeater via wired connection. One question I have about repeater mode is: How badly does repeater mode affect the speed? I do quite a bit of gaming on my ps3 and my xbox360 and don't want to have bad pings or packet loss.

Is what I want to do even possible with 2 whr-g300n routers? Like I said, I have done a lot of reading on here and can't seem to find a definite yes or no. If it's not possible, I am willing to get rid of one of the whr-g300n's and pickup another dd-wrt compatible router to use as a client bridge (as I assume there shouldn't be an issue with using the whr-g300n as the main ap).

A recommendation to a firmware version and maybe some guidance on some of the settings to use would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
walk1355
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it is not possible to use a whr-g300n as a client bridge or a repeater bridge, I am thinking of picking up a linksys-cisco wrt54gl to use as a client bridge, still using 1 of my whr-g300n as my main ap. Would I have any problems with that setup?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Put the latest 13064 firmware on both routers and try again.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
walk1355
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Put the latest 13064 firmware on both routers and try again.

That really isn't a viable solution for me at the moment since you cannot connect an iphone with the 13064 firmware. Thanks though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: