Buffalo WHR-g54s - Results for 30 Unit Condominium Install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
glewis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:43    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-g54s - Results for 30 Unit Condominium Install Reply with quote
Well, I'm new here and thought I'd share my first experience with commercial deployment of DD-WRT.

I just finished an install of a 30 unit condominium complex using 30 WHR-G54S router loaded with DD-WRT. Each condo required both WiFi and Ethernet Access (rental units), so I went with a single router for each. The power output is set for 60mw. The condos are seperated by steel reinforced concrete, so not much chance of interference. I channel mapped anyway using channels 1, 6 and 11. Each of these units has a Linksys PAP-2T VoIP ATA for VoIP service.

At first, I loaded the standard-generic build. Could sometimes make 1 outbound call, then SIP stopped working. Well, SIP didn't stop, but RTP did. The phone would ring in or outbound, but no RTP (voice). Tried different port forward schemes. Tried putting the PAP-2T in the DMZ. Tried hardcoding the RTP ports. Tried setting QoS stuff. Tried changing the SIP ports. Nothing worked. I went into panic mode.

Went back to my office, and tested the same scenario on a WRT-54G v6. No problems whatsoever. Made 25 test calls in and 25 test calls out. Flawless. Then, on a whim, I loaded the micro build ont the WHR-G54's. The issues vanished. I have no idea why, and I don't think I care; I just thought I'd share this with the group.Anyone care to comment?
Sponsor
Mid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a WHR-HP-G54 and installed DD-WRT too and everything works great, although my install isn't as demanding as yours.

The only problem I've come across is that it doesn't work well with Azureus. It's rather random because it works fine with mutorrent.

It's good to know that the micro build worked for you though. I'll give that a try when I can shutdown the router without upsetting people.

Thanks for the tip.
fedechat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mid wrote:
I bought a WHR-HP-G54 and installed DD-WRT too and everything works great, although my install isn't as demanding as yours.

The only problem I've come across is that it doesn't work well with Azureus. It's rather random because it works fine with mutorrent.

It's good to know that the micro build worked for you though. I'll give that a try when I can shutdown the router without upsetting people.

Thanks for the tip.

For P2P go to Administration and change

IP Filter Settings (adjust these for P2P)
Maximum Ports: 1024 or 2048

TCP Timeout (in seconds): 300

UDP Timeout (in seconds): 300

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: