AR670W (build 13069) Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
seabass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 22:51    Post subject: Re: Solution: To enable Repeater-Bridge mode between two rou Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:
seabass wrote:
...but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the MAC address cloning causing her laptop to switch over to the client router that has no internet connection.

heck.

If the MAC address cloning didn't get Repeater-Bridge working, then un-do it.
And return to the factory default MAC addresses.

Then try to do the WDS set-up instead, which I learned on 11-5-09.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=365872#365872

OK!

I got WDS working but now I have another problem. None of my wireless devices can connect. I've tried to connect to the main AP and the Client AP and I get "Limited or no connectivity".

Help please. I'm so close!
Sponsor
seabass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Re: Solution: To enable Repeater-Bridge mode between two rou Reply with quote
seabass wrote:
bbb_forever wrote:
seabass wrote:
...but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the MAC address cloning causing her laptop to switch over to the client router that has no internet connection.

heck.

If the MAC address cloning didn't get Repeater-Bridge working, then un-do it.
And return to the factory default MAC addresses.

Then try to do the WDS set-up instead, which I learned on 11-5-09.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=365872#365872

OK!

I got WDS working but now I have another problem. None of my wireless devices can connect. I've tried to connect to the main AP and the Client AP and I get "Limited or no connectivity".

Help please. I'm so close!

Got it! I had to configure one virtual network and connect my wireless devices to that. Thanks for all the help...especially you bbb_forever!
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:38    Post subject: Re: Solution: To enable Repeater-Bridge mode between two rou Reply with quote
seabass wrote:

Got it! I had to configure one virtual network and connect my wireless devices to that. Thanks for all the help...especially you bbb_forever!

Cool! You're welcome.

And I thank BrainSlayer, Sash, Eko, and the DD-WRT team for creating something that's interesting, challenging, frustrating, and a headache to play with.
It's like the Rubik's cube. Try and re-try.

Do you think it was WAY easier to set-up WDS than Repeater-Bridge?

I actually had the "create NEW VLAN tip" in my Repeater-Bridge portion of the thread.
But for the sake of the future DD-WRT newbies, I added the "create NEW VLAN tip" to the WDS portion.
Thanks.

My routers:
- 1 Linksys E3000
- 4 Linksys E2000
- 4 Linksys WRT320n [DD-WRT svn13575 std-nokaid] working well in WDS setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Airlink AR670W [DD-WRT build 14537] working well in WDS setup, 2.4Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Netgear WDNR3300 [DD-WRT svn13577 std-nokaid] working well in AP-Repeater-Bridge setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- Airlink AR325W G-router and Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444 [DD-WRT v23 sp2 micro] working well in Repeater-Bridge setup, G-speeds only.
- D-Link DI-614+ B-router, sitting around, wanna buy it?

Recent fixes timeline:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline?from=01%2F11%2F2010&daysback=30&changeset=on&update=Update

Linksys 320n Path: Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn13575

Airlink AR670W Path: Downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 12-28-09-r13525 › airlink101-ar670w
seabass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:20    Post subject: Re: Solution: To enable Repeater-Bridge mode between two rou Reply with quote
bbb_forever wrote:
seabass wrote:

Cool! You're welcome.

And I thank BrainSlayer, Sash, Eko, and the DD-WRT team for creating something that's interesting, challenging, frustrating, and a headache to play with.
It's like the Rubik's cube. Try and re-try.

Do you think it was WAY easier to set-up WDS than Repeater-Bridge?

I actually had the "create NEW VLAN tip" in my Repeater-Bridge portion of the thread.
But for the sake of the future DD-WRT newbies, I added the "create NEW VLAN tip" to the WDS portion.
Thanks.

I've got enough computer knowledge to follow instructions. The wireless repeater did not work. I tried it many times and had no success. I'm convinced that there was some bug with either my router or the dd-wrt build.

WDS was easier in the sense that it worked, although the configuration instructions are not much different than the repeater bridge instructions (About the same number of settings to change).

Either way, WDS worked. Just follow the instructions as per the wiki and make sure you reset both routers to their default settings before you start.
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:42    Post subject: Re: Solution: To enable Repeater-Bridge mode between two rou Reply with quote
seabass wrote:

I've got enough computer knowledge to follow instructions. The wireless repeater did not work. I tried it many times and had no success. I'm convinced that there was some bug with either my router or the dd-wrt build.

I agree. I also think there's a Repeater-Bridge bug in the DD-WRT build 13069 because a working WDS shows that the router itelf should be able to support Repeater-Bridge.

But something in the build 13069 is messing things up or preventing the R-B mode when it's set-up from scratch (i.e. when not restoring from a previously known good working R-B config file).

seabass wrote:

WDS was easier in the sense that it worked...

Yeah, that's what I meant by easier.

If anything doesn't work, it's always harder. :lol:

Heck, I almost gave up on DD-WRT completely when I thought that Build 13064 "bricked" my Airlink router.
Fortunately, there's was a rescue web page, which I'm glad that someone shared with the public.
Those engineers at Airlink were smart to put that in, to save the hardware from the scrap heap.

My routers:
- 1 Linksys E3000
- 4 Linksys E2000
- 4 Linksys WRT320n [DD-WRT svn13575 std-nokaid] working well in WDS setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Airlink AR670W [DD-WRT build 14537] working well in WDS setup, 2.4Ghz N-speeds only.
- 2 Netgear WDNR3300 [DD-WRT svn13577 std-nokaid] working well in AP-Repeater-Bridge setup, 5Ghz N-speeds only.
- Airlink AR325W G-router and Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444 [DD-WRT v23 sp2 micro] working well in Repeater-Bridge setup, G-speeds only.
- D-Link DI-614+ B-router, sitting around, wanna buy it?

Recent fixes timeline:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline?from=01%2F11%2F2010&daysback=30&changeset=on&update=Update

Linksys 320n Path: Downloads › others › eko › V24-K26 › svn13575

Airlink AR670W Path: Downloads › others › eko › BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2 › 12-28-09-r13525 › airlink101-ar670w
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: