Dlink DIR-320 reverting to original Dlink firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zueuk wrote:

1. my notebook doesn't want to connect to the wireless network now
2. I can't install any optware, no matter how much free jffs I have it's always not enough Rolling Eyes

Bummer.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try flash my DIR-320 like barryware say and i did it.
Quote:
The default IP for your router is 192.168.0.1 when running stock d-link firmware..

The stock IP is typically embedded in the cfe so before the firmware boots, that should be your routers IP.

It is true.
I try it on dir320_v1.10_89ad.bin Dlink firmware.

Use tftp utility and 192.168.0.1 address of the router, but you need to do a hard reset at first.
After it finish flashing (3-5 minutes) go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser and you will see a page - something like "Emergency firmware update" (like RedBoot in DIR-300).
There are field where you can choose the Dlink firmware bin file and push Update button.
Whait about 3-5 minutes and enjoy the stock Dlink DIR-320 Very Happy

Sorry for my bad english Rolling Eyes and many thanks to barryware
Zueuk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Naah, I've already set up the print server - which refused to work in the D-link firmware - and I'm going to try adding an external HDD now.

So I'm staying on DD-WRT Twisted Evil
xam_max
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
hellik wrote:
I try flash my DIR-320 like barryware say and i did it.
Quote:
The default IP for your router is 192.168.0.1 when running stock d-link firmware..

The stock IP is typically embedded in the cfe so before the firmware boots, that should be your routers IP.

It is true.
I try it on dir320_v1.10_89ad.bin Dlink firmware.

Use tftp utility and 192.168.0.1 address of the router, but you need to do a hard reset at first.
After it finish flashing (3-5 minutes) go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser and you will see a page - something like "Emergency firmware update" (like RedBoot in DIR-300).
There are field where you can choose the Dlink firmware bin file and push Update button.
Whait about 3-5 minutes and enjoy the stock Dlink DIR-320 Very Happy

Sorry for my bad english Rolling Eyes and many thanks to barryware

If you have problems before flash the original dlink firmware send the comand "mtd erase nvram".
walroro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I reverted to d-link firmware a DIR-320, but I get slow transfers, 760Kb/s wireless and 50mb/s wired.

What's the procedure to erase nvram? Did anyone had this issue? How did you solve it?
ynn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think with a hardware reset (30 sec. pressing reset button when power on) solve the problem, I´ve got a DIR-320 but running dd-wrt. I´m trying to find another one so I´m going to test it on this days

Cheers

walroro wrote:
Hi, I reverted to d-link firmware a DIR-320, but I get slow transfers, 760Kb/s wireless and 50mb/s wired.

What's the procedure to erase nvram? Did anyone had this issue? How did you solve it?
beijo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
May i restore MaC adress on Dir-320 after i back from dd-wrt to original firmware ?
Plz? help Embarassed
ynn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
beijo wrote:
May i restore MaC adress on Dir-320 after i back from dd-wrt to original firmware ?
Plz? help Embarassed

At this moment, there is no way to revert back the original MAC.

You can try flash with dd-wrt change the mac address, and revert back again but i'm not sure of this, anyway the mac address of your device at this moment it's a valid mac address.

Cheers
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
ynn wrote:
beijo wrote:
Plz? help Embarassed

You can try flash with dd-wrt change the mac address, and revert back again but i'm not sure of this, anyway the mac address of your device at this moment it's a valid mac address.

Cheers

I'll bet this proceedure will work. I used it on the specific router in the thread I have linked, also did a lot of testing with this on a GL. There is a least one 610 user that replaced his cfe with this proceedure.

You need to start with dd-wrt so you can extract the cfe. Then edit the mac in the cfe, put the edited cfe in the routers /tmp folder using winSCP, then flash the cfe from within the router.

It is a risk. I never did this with your router. Does that router have jtag?

Good luck..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49317

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
ynn wrote:
beijo wrote:
Plz? help Embarassed

Cheers

I'll bet this proceedure will work. I used it on the specific router in the thread I have linked, also did a lot of testing with this on a GL. There is a least one 610 user that replaced his cfe with this proceedure.

You need to start with dd-wrt so you can extract the cfe. Then edit the mac in the cfe, put the edited cfe in the routers /tmp folder using winSCP, then flash the cfe from within the router.

Good luck..

I don't know whether this router have jtag,but Thanks, i'll start to study this topic )
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
beijo wrote:
barryware wrote:
ynn wrote:
beijo wrote:
Plz? help Embarassed

Cheers

Good luck..

I don't know whether this router have jtag,but Thanks, i'll start to study this topic )

Here is the link to the member with the 610 that replaced his cfe.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54216&start=1430

Navigation

Jump to: