Sitecom WL-342 (rebadged Senao ESR-9752-SC) Support?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
bitsmt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
That heat sink sucks! Found solder balls stuck under it. Used a staple to pry it off. Watch out though! That solde could pop of and hit your eyeball. It did for me. Dang that hurts.
Sponsor
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
The solder points for the serial is the 7-point one, I marked it. Needless to say, I already put a header in there, so yours would be bare.

As for your USB needs, I ordered and USB to SERIAL converter. This one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2537

Works like a charm, even under Linux.
brispet1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i'm new to serial flashing, but feel pretty confident I can manage it, any chance you could point me in a direction to get started, or give me step by step directions to follow for serial flashing this router.
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Requirements:

- tftp server (I'm using tftpd-hpa under Ubuntu)
- the firmware.bin for this device (NOT the webflash-one)
- terminal program (I'm using minicom)

First set your terminal program to use 57600 8N1 as comms parameters, no flow control. Connect your device via its LAN-ports to your network. Place the firmware.bin in the root of your tftp-server. (The default in Ubuntu is /var/lib/tftpboot).

- On the boot menu you need to select something like "Load system code then write to Flash via TFTP". In my case this is number '2'. (In my case the boot delay seems to be set to near zero, so I start pounding '2' while turning on the device).

Then, we are greeted with:
Code:
2: System Load Linux Kernel then write to Flash via TFTP.                       
 Warning!! Erase Linux in Flash then burn new one. Are you sure?(Y/N)

Hit 'Y'.
We are then asked for the device IP. Make sure it's in the same IP-range as your TFTP-server and it is unused on your network.

Next, the following appears:
Code:
Input server IP (192.168.99.8) ==:

Enter the IP of your TFTP-server.
Next, we're asked for the filename to flash, enter firmware.bin (or whatever you named it, it's the file you put in the tftp root).

If all goes well, you'll see:
Code:
Using Eth0 (10/100-M) device                                                   
TFTP from server 192.168.1.249; our IP address is 192.168.1.42                 
Filename 'firmware.bin'.                                                       

TIMEOUT_COUNT=10,Load address: 0x80100000                                     
Loading: Got ARP REPLY, set server/gtwy eth addr (00:10:18:53:9d:6e)           
Got it                                                                         
T #                                                                             
 first block received                                                           
################################################################               
########################################################               
done                                                                           
Bytes transferred = 3614360 (372698 hex)                                       
NetBootFileXferSize= 00372698                                                   
Erase linux kernel block !!                                                     
From 0xBFC50000 To 0xBFFCFFFF

Copy linux image[3614360 byte] to Flash[0xBFC50000]....                       
Copy to Flash...                                                               
 Copy 3614360 byte to Flash...                                                 
 addr = 0xBFCA211C ,cnt=3278204                                                 
 addr = 0xBFCF4228 ,cnt=2942064                                                 
 addr = 0xBFD4608E ,cnt=2606602                                                 
 addr = 0xBFD98194 ,cnt=2270468                                                 
 addr = 0xBFDEA2B0 ,cnt=1934312                                                 
 addr = 0xBFE3C3BA ,cnt=1598174                                                 
 addr = 0xBFE8E4AC ,cnt=1262060                                                 
 addr = 0xBFEE05E4 ,cnt=925876                                                 
 addr = 0xBFF326F2 ,cnt=589734                                                 
 addr = 0xBFF847F2 ,cnt=253606 done

The device reboots and you're done. Have fun with DD-WRT.
brispet1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you! Very Happy I pretty much figured it would be something simple like that, but wanted to get a clearer idea before I broke out the soldering iron. Just waiting for the ttl to rs232 converter now.
brispet1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got to say just been messing around with the stock firmware for the Senao ESR-9752, it's pretty damn good... probably the best stock firmware I've seen so far, still want to put dd-wrt on these puppies but once again I'm impressed by how much senao delivers for such low prices.
brispet1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool! Very Happy Got it all flashed and working, thanks for the tip about pressing 2 like a madman... you're right that menu comes up crazy quick.
fix4all
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11    Post subject: Client/Bridge mode? Reply with quote
Can this router config as client/bridge under DD-WRT?
brispet1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes
xiaoliang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Surprised Surprised Surprised good work!thanks!

brispet1 wrote:
Cool! Very Happy Got it all flashed and working, thanks for the tip about pressing 2 like a madman... you're right that menu comes up crazy quick.
Beaded BraceletsUnique Handcrafted JewelryHeart NecklaceHandmade EarringsHandmade JewelryBeaded Necklaces
jayms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:58    Post subject: engenius esr-7952 Reply with quote
I have experience flashing DD-WRT on quite a few devices but I am having alot of trouble with my engenius esr-7952. It sounds like the device you guys are using has a serial port on the back, and mind does not.

I have a Cisco style cable that goes from ethernet to serial (female) that i've tried, having the serial end plugged into the pc and the ethernet in either the wan or lan ports on the esr-7952 and am getting nothing in the terminal program.

Any Ideas?
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 20:13    Post subject: Re: engenius esr-7952 Reply with quote
jayms wrote:
I have experience flashing DD-WRT on quite a few devices but I am having alot of trouble with my engenius esr-7952. It sounds like the device you guys are using has a serial port on the back, and mind does not.

I have a Cisco style cable that goes from ethernet to serial (female) that i've tried, having the serial end plugged into the pc and the ethernet in either the wan or lan ports on the esr-7952 and am getting nothing in the terminal program.

Any Ideas?

Shocked You put the serial connection into the LAN/WAN ethernet ports? That ain't gonna work. You have to actually open the damn thing, use a RS232 to TTL converter to get to the console.
jayms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
GraveR.. Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it worked like a cisco pix.. but i guess i'll have to get my hands dirty and take this thing apart. Thanks again
SSCC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello
I'm sure that I'm more stupid than usual, but I have to ask; how do I open this box?
I've found one screw under the label under the router. There are no screws under the rubber feets.
I've removed the screw under the label, but still can't open the box! Embarassed
GraveR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
SSCC wrote:
Hello
I'm sure that I'm more stupid than usual, but I have to ask; how do I open this box?
I've found one screw under the label under the router. There are no screws under the rubber feets.
I've removed the screw under the label, but still can't open the box! Embarassed

If you have the WL-342, then the only option is to force the box open after removing the single center screw. The other supports seem to be glued to the case.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 9
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: