Brodcast SNMP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Slowfib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 16:50    Post subject: Brodcast SNMP Reply with quote
I've got a v5 router with the Micro firmware. SNMP works great, but I want to also send the logs to another person. So I tried to send the logs to 192.168.1.255 so it would broadcast on the subnet, but the router doesn't output anything.

Is there anyway around this?
Thanks
Sponsor
rkramer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
SNMP, syslog, or RFlow / MACupd? Those are two different entirely unrelated things that you might have confused.

SNMP on wrt doesn't support sending traps, at least that I know of, so it is receive only and then sends a response back to the device that queried it. You can have as many devices as you want query snmp.

now if you are talking syslog/RFlow/MACupd, wrt does SEND those out, and trying to broadcast any of them is a very bad idea and won't work anyway. Instead, if you are on linux at least, install a better syslog (msyslog) at allows you to both handle and forward incoming data. if you are using RFlow / MACupd, then i'm out of suggestions..
Slowfib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Syslog is what I mean, sorry.
I was half alseep when I wrote that.

I've got a Linux box that I can forward the packets to, so I'll give that a try.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: