WRT54G2 Rates Drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I'm reading we are only looking for a router problem, could it be an wireless adapter driver problem also? Which adapter do you have? Did you updated the drivers?
Sponsor
kikapoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried it on both mixed and G mode, Blazian.

fggs, I have 3 coms at home. 1 Desktop, 1 Laptop Both vista. Last one is a Mac. All 3 encounters the same problem so I narrow the problem down to the router side.

Thats also because the rate of 2mbps is shown on the DD WRT wireless status page so I'm quite sure its not the wireless adapters of all 3 coms but instead is the router acting up.
idmitriy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank for bringing this up kikapoo
I have exactly the same problem with my Linksys WRT54G2!
I did 30/30/30 reset BEFOR and AFTER.
Tried different versions of the DD-WRT. No effect. Eventually gets stuck on 1-2Mbps! Reset helps only momentarily.

Correctly running micro - build 12874 setup in Repeater Bridging mode with 2 other routers running DD-WRT in Bridging mode all connected to Netgear WNDR3300 build 12533

My DD-WRT Routers:
Netgear WNDR3300, Linksys WRT54G2, Asus WL-520GU, Dell TrueMobile 2300, Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444
creaky
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
kikapoo wrote:
a few questions. what does ACK timing 0 do?

next is whether tx 28 is too low a power or something?

lastly i did site survey and there was only 2 other networks in the site survey, both on channel 6 while my router was on channel 1. 11 previously.
Hmmm, my WRT54G2 v1 still does this from time to time. So do my main 2 routers (WRT54GS v6 and WRT54G v2). I think it's just interference from various neighbours, not sure yet though, going to have to keep an eye on it. Luckily most of my stuff is ethernet-connected, i had a pig of a game getting one of my laptops connected this morning, turned out the main router was on 2mbps - upped the TX power (from 2Cool to 56mW for a few seconds, that somehow put it back to 54mbps, put it back to 28mW and all's still well, laptop connecting fine now.

Will have to keep an eye though as had this problem yesterday morning though i hadn't checked the router, it must've resolved itself, hence why i think it's just interference.
What i do know for a fact is that i didn't ever have this problem on v23 sp2 (the only other builds i've used on my routers before recently moving them all to EKO 12548)...

3 node setup ~ WPA2 AES comprising WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1 (EKO 12548)
kikapoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks creaky and idmitriy for the responses and acknowledgement.

Yesternight, I switched the Transmission Fixed Rate to 18mbps because somehow I suspect that too high a value / auto will screw the router up, and since my internet won't be able to utilize the full speed, I went ahead and lowered it.

Setting 18mbps as the speed somehow stablized my connection, been up for 1 full day now without any rate drops, been doing regular interval test on speedtest to make sure.

Don't take my words for it, but guys with the same problem and don't mind lowering the transmision rate can try setting the Tranmission Fixed Rate from Auto to 18Mbps, other speeds might work but not too sure.

I'm gonna post back again if everything screws up for me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: