Almost blank configuration-pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
be_io
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 16:31    Post subject: Almost blank configuration-pages Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm using ddwrt for a while as a test for a future wireless network (I'll donate in the time the first box is installed Wink ) , but I have a big problem.

The router is correctly configured, working well but I left a few days w/o rebooting and all the configuration pages are blank.

I mean all the status pages works fine, but the configuration pages (any) lacks the text (I can get used to it) but also misses the buttons to apply changes.

I tried to reboot, reset it (so I can't ssh anymore in Sad ), what could I do to get control over it again ?

As you maybe understand, I cannot upgrade/reapply the firmware as the Upload button doesn't appear. (in this case, maybe a GET url for the routeur may do it ???)

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsor
be_io
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
More to say : the first connecting client appears to do this on the router.

Any clues ?

Many thanks
iccEC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's hard to tell since we don't have many details...

BUT

I had that type of problem running old versions of IExplorer 7 beta on Windows XP SP2 while also using an old firmware version of DD-WRT (dec 2005 v23 version)

In my case, I updated both and everything looks fine now.

Hope that helps

iccEC

[Edit]
I realised afterwards that you can't get to your router, but coming back to the problem I had, I had to use another computer that had IE 6 to be able to view the config pages (if your problem is the same as mine was anyway)
be_io
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

thanks for your answer. What kind of details do you need ?

I'm using V23SP1, configuring it with FireFox 1.5 both on Windows or on Linux.

Many thanks.
poweld
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try to work with the setup screen in IE rather than Firefox. I get the same situation when I try to change settings with Firefox, and found that IE works flawlessly. Finally I'm glad to have IE around! Wink
be_io
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grrr...

Ok, I'll try this very soon. But I have to say that the web pages works perfctly before any client connects ???!

Thanks anyway

Regards
Matthiaz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:33    Post subject: Re: Almost blank configuration-pages Reply with quote
be_io wrote:
As you maybe understand, I cannot upgrade/reapply the firmware as the Upload button doesn't appear.

Well, you can always TFTP a new firmware onto the unit. See the Wiki for details.

poweld wrote:
Try to work with the setup screen in IE rather than Firefox. I get the same situation when I try to change settings with Firefox, and found that IE works flawlessly. Finally I'm glad to have IE around! Wink

NOT true. Firefox works without any trouble! And that includes the dynamic parts, changing settings and updating the firmware! So stop saying Firefox doenst work. I belive even BS is using it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: