DD-WRT flashing seems to have fail, PLEASE HELP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:17    Post subject: DD-WRT flashing seems to have fail, PLEASE HELP. Reply with quote
A few days ago, I was posting some question concerning flashing my Buffalo WBR2-G54. Since I have no respond, I went ahead with the guide. I succesffuly installed open WRT in the beginning and proceeded to install DD-WRT.

Since the site no longer have the version 23 and when I ask where I can find it and no one answered, I googled a version call dd-wrt.v23SP2 final_special_generic.bin. After the flash is done, I lost access to the router and can't access the router in anyway. Not, 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.11.1. Did I by chance down;oad a wrong version? Is there anyway to regain control of the router?

Now I understand there is a help yourself policy before asking for help in this forum, still, I can;t find any answer here.
Sponsor
creaky
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm guessing that's a paid version you've found as it has 'special' in the filename, i might be wrong though.

Just googled and v23 sp2 downloads are still available ~ http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fstable%2Fdd-wrt.v23/

3 node setup ~ WPA2 AES comprising WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1 (EKO 12548)

Last edited by creaky on Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:44; edited 1 time in total
socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
This wiki applies to your router. v23 SP2 -is- available, it's right here, use the standard generic build.

Did you TFTP the first time? Looks like that's the easiest way to flash the Buffalos, do NOT use the web interface unless you want to mess with the header of the file to get it to load.

Be a little more specific about loss of access...I'm assuming you tried HTTP access at both .11.1 and .1.1, but did you ensure you can ping, and if so, did you try telnet?

The wiki I posted above contains instructions for what to do if your router quits responding. Chances are, you'll be able to telnet into it. If not...well, it's going to be quite a bit more complicated and difficult.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I followed this guide.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10438

Yes, when I say lost of access, I meant that I can't use http to access the router, so honestly I am not sure WTH happened atm.
I tried using tftp to resinatll the open wrt but it won't connect into the router and i tried putty to get into router but 192.168.11.1 and 192.168.1.1 won't lot me in.
xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any advise?
socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I already asked...can you ping? If you can ping, can you telnet in?

What I referenced for you is what you need to do. If anyone else with ideas sees this thread they will most likely share, but what I gave you is what you need. If it doesn't work, you're up shit creek, sorry.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start with reading the peacock thread, and make sure you read slow at note 6. Announcements are at the top of this forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, tried the ping -t -w 10 192.168.11.1 method listed and no ping.
socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
xellos2099 wrote:
Yes, tried the ping -t -w 10 192.168.11.1 method listed and no ping.

Both addresses?

And follow Murrkf's advice.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, good new and bad news. After reading note 6, I attempted this:

Set IP address to 192.168.11.10

Go to command and do ping -t 192.168.11.1

I got a reply of TTL of 100

I immediately go to tftp and flashed the

dd-wrt.v23_generic.bin, afterward it show green light and the Redd Diag on the router disappeared. Afterward, I did a full hard reset, the 30/30/30.

However, when I tried to access dd wrt web gui interface, it didn't work at all. When I tried the ping again, it no longer work, neither 192.168.11.1 or 192.168.1.1.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You really aren't doing what it says in note 6 about posting your ping messages. Also, did you follow the wiki install for your router?

Read ALL the announcements. Read ALL wiki articles about your router. Do a search on your model of router. Do what is stated in note 6 of the peacock.

You are getting yourself into trouble deep. You need to slow down and understand things better. Following the instructions in note 6 might allow you to save your router.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
xellos2099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
My bad.I was getting too excited when I finally got a respond from the router after failing for past 2 days.

Anyway, I tried again at first with 192.168.1.10 and got the following respond:

Reply from 192/168/1/10: bytes=32 time <1ms TTL=128
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
xellos2099 wrote:
My bad.I was getting too excited when I finally got a respond from the router after failing for past 2 days.

You are still too excited....you are pinging your computer...not the router. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: