Bridging subnets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Cael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:07    Post subject: Bridging subnets Reply with quote
granted im a noob @ networking but i setup my wrt54g in repeater mode to cponnect wirelessly to my 2wire DSL modem to bring Internet into the living room for my Xbox 1.

i update movies and its OS via FTP but its inconvenit because if im in say an chatroom or Second Life i haveto log out and switch Wifi AP's to do so..

atm:

DSL Modem @ 192.168.1.60~254
WRT54G: 192.168.4.1~255

the DSL Modem gives it a private IP (will not post for my own reasons) becaus ei have for the WRT54G on the DSL Modem's firewall page DMZ enabled.

how woul di go about setting it for bridging to the DSL modem without needing to wire up to it via eithernet? (aka keep it connected via Repeater mode)

~~~edit~~~
(see reply i made [bump reply]

Last edited by Cael on Wed Sep 16, 2009 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03    Post subject: Re: Bridging subnets Reply with quote
Cael wrote:
granted im a noob @ networking but i setup my wrt54g in repeater mode to cponnect wirelessly to my 2wire DSL modem to bring Internet into the living room for my Xbox 1.

i update movies and its OS via FTP but its inconvenit because if im in say an chatroom or Second Life i haveto log out and switch Wifi AP's to do so..

atm:

DSL Modem @ 192.168.1.60~254
WRT54G: 192.168.4.1~255

the DSL Modem gives it a private IP (will not post for my own reasons) becaus ei have for the WRT54G on the DSL Modem's firewall page DMZ enabled.

how woul di go about setting it for bridging to the DSL modem without needing to wire up to it via eithernet? (aka keep it connected via Repeater mode)

Why don't you put it on the same subnet and make it a Repeater Bridge. That way you will be able to access what you want and the DSL modem will be the DHCP server to the 54G unit.

It would make your life a lot easier.

wiki - Tutorials>>Linking Routers > Repeater Bridge.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
im still getting used to using DD-WRT Razz so i didnt know that mode would work that way.

~~edit~~

workled i had to do a second hard 30-30-30 because it stoped responding but works now
Cael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
hate to bump it but rather bump than repost.

just notice dtoday it stoped working... Halfway.it gets IP's i can accesses from the main connection iit's working off of but anything connecte dto it.. Has no internet. i've tries restarting.. Nada!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: