New Netgear WNDR3300 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
fnf_up
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm having issues with my wireless N mode (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/19/09) std)..here is the story..

http://i32.tinypic.com/v4nk2g.jpg
and
http://i27.tinypic.com/do04fk.jpg

help?
Sponsor
FarmerBob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
True....Client and Repeater modes are tied to the connecting host AP unit's channel....so in my case...the CB mode is tied to channel 11 because that is what the Host is set to....but you can still change the second radio's channel if it is in AP mode....AP mode is not tied to any host...so the channel can be changed...I hope that makes sense...if not...I'll try to explain it differently.

redhawk

Completely Understood. Thank you for the explanation.

So I take it from the conversation that when changing the AP channel to a different channel from the "host"is when the TX rate halves? Or does it matter?

. . . fb
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
FarmerBob wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:
True....Client and Repeater modes are tied to the connecting host AP unit's channel....so in my case...the CB mode is tied to channel 11 because that is what the Host is set to....but you can still change the second radio's channel if it is in AP mode....AP mode is not tied to any host...so the channel can be changed...I hope that makes sense...if not...I'll try to explain it differently.

redhawk

Completely Understood. Thank you for the explanation.

So I take it from the conversation that when changing the AP channel to a different channel from the "host"is when the TX rate halves? Or does it matter?

. . . fb

No...Bandwidth is halved on any Repeater/Repeater Bridge/WDS setup...but ONLY when using a single radio router....the 3300 is dual radio so it can send on one radio and receive on the other radio at the same time...no bandwidth loss.

An R/RB/WDS single radio unit can only send or receive at any given time....so the bandwidth gets cut in half because the radio has to share the "relay" of data to the host.

so for our dual radio 3300...channel has nothing to do with it. there is no bandwidth loss when one radio is setup as a Client Bridge...and the other as the AP.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
No...Bandwidth is halved on any Repeater/Repeater Bridge/WDS setup...but ONLY when using a single radio router....the 3300 is dual radio so it can send on one radio and receive on the other radio at the same time...no bandwidth loss.

An R/RB/WDS single radio unit can only send or receive at any given time....so the bandwidth gets cut in half because the radio has to share the "relay" of data to the host.

so for our dual radio 3300...channel has nothing to do with it. there is no bandwidth loss when one radio is setup as a Client Bridge...and the other as the AP.

redhawk

Understood. The Dual is new to me and this makes perfect sense.
Thank you again.

Just when ya think life's getting boring, ya find a new cause and brain exercises.

. . . fb
mrcdsouza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 15:45    Post subject: Configuration settings Reply with quote
@RedHawk0,

Can you please share your settings for your wndr3300 to have the following setup as you mentioned below:

I am using mine as a Client Bridge on WL0 and an AP on WL1....essentially making it a True Repeater that doesn't cut the BW in half.

Both WL0 and WL1 are working on Channel 11.

Thanks,

Carl
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:03    Post subject: Re: Configuration settings Reply with quote
mrcdsouza wrote:
@RedHawk0,

Can you please share your settings for your wndr3300 to have the following setup as you mentioned below:

I am using mine as a Client Bridge on WL0 and an AP on WL1....essentially making it a True Repeater that doesn't cut the BW in half.

Thanks,

Carl

Sure:

redhawk

wireless-basic.jpg
 Description:
Basic Setup...redhawk is my host AP...falcon is the SSID of this unit.
 Filesize:  150.28 KB
 Viewed:  15755 Time(s)

wireless-basic.jpg

wireless-wireless.jpg
 Description:
Encryption
 Filesize:  120.33 KB

wireless-wireless.jpg

wireless-wl0-advanced.jpg
 Description:
CB advanced settings
 Filesize:  153.57 KB

wireless-wl0-advanced.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
continued

redhawk

wireless-wl1-advanced.jpg
 Description:
AP advanced settings
 Filesize:  139.81 KB
 Viewed:  15754 Time(s)

wireless-wl1-advanced.jpg

Basic-Basic.jpg
 Description:
0.70 is the address for the CB...0.1 is the host AP....DHCP is set by the host.
 Filesize:  110.98 KB

Basic-Basic.jpg

security-firewall.jpg
 Description:
Filter Multicast is checked...SPI is disabled
 Filesize:  78.81 KB

security-firewall.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Redhawk!!! That was fast...very fast! Very Happy
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrcdsouza wrote:
Thank you Redhawk!!! That was fast...very fast! Very Happy

But not always...you caught me just at the right time.
:lol:

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:29    Post subject: Re: Configuration settings Reply with quote
Redhawk, why WPA encryption not WPA2?
I have two of these routers set up, one as AP and one as Client bridge. Two walls about 30 feet apart, I only get 80-108mbs on N (A band).
Thanks.

redhawk0 wrote:
mrcdsouza wrote:
@RedHawk0,

Thanks,

Carl

Sure:

redhawk

My DD-WRT Routers:
Netgear WNDR3300, Linksys WRT54G2, Asus WL-520GU, Dell TrueMobile 2300, Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:

redhawk
So on the wrt54g models, running one in repeater with no Virtual WLAN and a 54g in WAP mode plugged into it will accomplish the same, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 16:51    Post subject: Re: Configuration settings Reply with quote
idmitriy wrote:
Redhawk, why WPA encryption not WPA2?
I have two of these routers set up, one as AP and one as Client bridge. Two walls about 30 feet apart, I only get 80-108mbs on N (A band).
Thanks.

I never felt the need to use WPA2...WPA has been working for me for years and with AES it's quite secure.

As for the speeds on N...remember this unit has really crappy antennas...there are 8 of them etched into the Motherboard...that is it for antennas on this unit.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded from 12533 to 12759 (std-nokaid). Now I can't archive full 270Mbps speed I used to have (no option to change channels in 12759 for N/A band). Speed drops to 135Mbps once N client is connected.

My DD-WRT Routers:
Netgear WNDR3300, Linksys WRT54G2, Asus WL-520GU, Dell TrueMobile 2300, Belkin F5D7230-4 v1444
bjoeg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Redhawk, I am a bit "confused" about the screenshots.

Take it, it is a WNDR3300, why does it show 2 802.11G interfaces, should not one of them be 802.11a? Or just another DD-WRT ticket?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
bjoeg wrote:
Redhawk, I am a bit "confused" about the screenshots.

Take it, it is a WNDR3300, why does it show 2 802.11G interfaces, should not one of them be 802.11a? Or just another DD-WRT ticket?

I have a G-Only network. I don't use N or A at all.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: