DIR300/AR430W/AR335W-preSP2-testing-release

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
True! That was my intention when i reported the issue here. But you sir, went a step ahead, and investigated! Thanks Smile
Sponsor
Dmitry
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
by MOD:
as always: FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK. no support for bricked/damaged units with this guide!

you can find all images at downloads/others/redboot_collection

for the most devices go into the images_default here
and select the correct image for your device depending on the platform ram, flashchip and ethernet phy.
so for example for the dir300 choose
redboot_ap61_16M_4M_icplus.rom

then copy this file with scp to your /tmp folder within the device and type
mtd -f write /tmp/redboot_ap61_16M_4M_icplus.rom RedBoot

now its installed and available on next reboot. per default it will still enter redboot for boot procedure. to make it even faster do
nvram set resetbutton_enable=0
nvram commit
and reboot. then redboot will only be started if you trigger the reset button the on backside, otherwise it directly boots dd-wrt

for flashing within redboot you may still use "fis create" but if you use "fis createaccton" it will be 5 - 10 times faster since it uses a special flash access way then which can be found on some accton devices and on the dir300/dir400

for senao use "fis create256" which uses the same trick for senao devices (but in a different way)

but only use it if your device supports it, otherwise it will not work

How is redboot accessed on this version ? Same as on regular redboot telnet <ip> 9000 ? I flashed my ar335w(dir-300) with this and it was working fine until today. Something happened. When I replug, my router it is stuck in endless reset loop. (light flash from right to left non-stop.) When I press reset for about 2 seconds, I am able to use my router as a dumb switch. I will try to reflash it using Jtag. Just wanted to warn other people about this.However, this problem might be specific only to my router.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you see that there is one of these custom redboot images specifically for our ar430w / dir-300 at http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/redboot_collection/images_dir300 routers? You might have better luck with that than the one in the images_default folder. I've not tried a custom redboot myself - just the default one.
-katapaltes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
katapaltes wrote:
Did you see that there is one of these custom redboot images specifically for our ar430w / dir-300 at http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/redboot_collection/images_dir300 routers? You might have better luck with that than the one in the images_default folder. I've not tried a custom redboot myself - just the default one.
-katapaltes

That's the one I flashed. I couldn't flash the wrong one because my router is working as a switch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dmitry wrote:
katapaltes wrote:
-katapaltes

That's the one I flashed. I couldn't flash the wrong one because my router is working as a switch.

Successfully restored my router. Used Jtag to flash bootloader. This only restored telnet access to dd-wrt mini-redboot. (strange) So I loaded temporary bootloader into ram and reflashed redboot to normal one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
31st Aug build on the ftp!
Gorby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
To all fellow developers: would you please update the initial manual for flashing dir-300 with recent micro-bootloader and tftp-server changes. I think there should be only some address changes due to reduced size of microboot, but that's a matter of delicacy (i bricked my previous dir-300 with cpuclk=240 Wink), so i think i'll wait for the guru opinion. Thanks in advance.
Bortbt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
as usual, pppoe doesnt work fine...
but im really happy with wifi transfer...they are, at least, twice faster than in sp1 (reaching 25mbps or 3MB/s)...so, i prefer sp2 build 12759, even with ppoe bug.
fhauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bortbt wrote:
as usual, pppoe doesnt work fine...
but im really happy with wifi transfer...they are, at least, twice faster than in sp1 (reaching 25mbps or 3MB/s)...so, i prefer sp2 build 12759, even with ppoe bug.

Are you using the original redboot? All my pppoe issues stopped when I updated to micro redboot
Bortbt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
i only update to sp2...i never update anything else, i cant be so stupid...

i'll search the forum and post in a few days

-------------------------

it works!!!

thx fhauva Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
fhauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bortbt wrote:
i only update to sp2...i never update anything else, i cant be so stupid...

i'll search the forum and post in a few days

-------------------------

it works!!!

thx fhauva Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

that's the spirit.... DD-WRT kicks ass, and it's much better than DIR-300's original firmware... even if it's pre-release. The idea it's get a better firmware.
wolfen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody test maximum switch speed on DIR-300 through cable? Any signs of new switch driver?
kolkoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, I would like to know if the bittorrent download issues were fixed ( router web not responding when downloading, max speed was less than half of max allowed, 100% cpu usage while downloading). Thanks in advance! Smile
kalpik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
8th September Build on ftp! Also, for those of us who were using the earlier builds, we keep on using the dlink-dir300 build right? The revb build is for new routers?
youssef55x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
merciiiiiiiii a zwaml tfo 3la mkom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 45 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: