special ironic thanks to one customer here

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00    Post subject: special ironic thanks to one customer here Reply with quote
i would like to thank the person who shares now the special edition over various bittorrent networks since some days. do you really want that i add a type of hidden serial feature to the firmware to track you down next time to throw you just out of this update thread?

please understand. i know that redistribution is not illegal, but its not a good way to support a project by overriding one of a few ways to get some money in

feel free to discuss this here and maybe this guy wants to tell something about it too

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Verdammte Schweinere sowas ! Zum Kotzen, kein bisschen Respekt vor der Arbeit von dir/euch. Evil or Very Mad
LordIceT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
das ist eine riesen sauerei
kabelfrei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:46    Post subject: na schönen dank Reply with quote
das hat ja mal super geklappt....besten dank an den User....

Um so etwas zu verhindern wären vielleicht eine personalisierte Version (in welcher Form auch immer, hab noch nicht drüber nachgedacht) eine Option. Auch wenn das mit Sicherheit nicht im Sinne des Erfinders ist.

Es ist sehr bendenklich das manche leute die falschen Grundwerte haben. Hatman nur im Ansatz gesunden Menchenverstand stellt sich die Frage für eine derartige Aktion nicht.

So genug Sachlichkeit.

Was für eine dumme Drecksau ! ! !

gruß

laslo
fire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ja, da kann ich mich meinen vorrednern nur anschliessen,

ich selbst nutze hier und da gern mal was für umsonst, aber wie gesagt TESTE, dafür gibts ja wohl genug frei downloadbare DD-WRT firmware

ich hab auch erst kostenlos rumgespielt bevor ich die speziel gekauft hab und habs nicht bereut!

hab auch genug leute hier gesehen, die die DD-WRT vertreiben und sie dafür extra jedesmal neu kaufen und das ist ein dikes lob wert!!!

an die andere knalltüte: was hast du für deine Mutter bei ebay bekommen? oder traust du dir das nich????

Fire
SLCoolJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ich finds unverständlich warum er oder sie das macht. Ich hatte auch die kostenlose Version und habe mir dann die Special geholt. Zur Zeit nutze ich zwar Tomato, aber ich bereue die 20 EUR für dd-wrt nicht. Solche Arbeiten muss man einfach unterstützen. Mal sehen vielleicht läuft auf meiner Kiste auch bald wieder dd-wrt, wenns mit dem QoS weitergeht.

Eine personalisierte Version würde Sinn machen, macht auf der anderen Seite natürlich recht viel Pflege-Aufwand seitens der Entwickler.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
es ist aufwand der vor allem unnötig ist. sicherlich könnte ich jetzt fix mal ne version hier bereit stellen die man runterläd wo der forum nutzername im titel steht. das würde warscheinlich den leuten das leben vermißen weil ich diese leute dann hier einfach rauswerfen könnte. nur müßte ich dann auch nen disclaimer bereit stellen wo die leute sich damit einverstanden erklären aus den updates rausgeworfen zu werden sollten sie gegen diese kleine regel verstoßen. die special edition war ja vor allem als spendenmotivation gedacht. damit man halt ein wenig mehr bekommt. bislang klappte das auch ganz gut. nur wie so oft gibt es immer leute die nicht verstehen warum wir das hier alles tun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 22:00    Post subject: kill Reply with quote
kill hem / her. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
SuperG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, I find that so ridiculous... I can't believe someone would do that. I wish we could trace the IP address of the initial uploader or something. They are ruining it for the rest of us. Mad

SuperG
ProF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
redistribution may not be illegal, but it sure is bad karma.

If I was the admin and had the ability to track the individual I'd confront them first - I think everyone has a right to explain. Unlikely - but perhaps they can make up some excuse that I'd buy - doubtful but . . .

Based on their response I'd publicly ridicule them here and block them from future access to anything except their public humiliation.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, yes it is bad, the bit torrent thing. I like the idea of you adding the forum name to the top right was a good idea, so these things can be tracked though. Also, (i know it is drastic) but you could also put up your own "specials" on bit torrent. They may not work very well Smile and it might give people the incentive to not take the risk on a dodgy special and buy the extremely cheap and well made firmware from the right source instead. just a thought.
uboat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
i like the idea of a "special" version on peer2peer networks. People from ahead and cdrwin knows a lot of these things. My 300 cdr broken gave me another point of view and i started to buy original software. Maybe 2 or 3 linksys broken give other people a new point of view...
carlosbrolotobar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 15:40    Post subject: Hijo de puta Reply with quote
"hijo de puta" al que esta distribuyendo la version especial del firmware!!!!
sanchoz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
also ich bin voll dafür, eine personalisierte version der special version!!! immer nur nehmen nix geben, daß ist das, was heutzutage als normal empfunden wird...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
It could be someone downloaded the SP2 Special version in their "Download" Folder on there PC and that folder is also shared on the Bittorret software. They may not even know they are doing it. Just a suggestion.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: