Wireless Bridge Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DeezNuts420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used "vxworks_killer_g-v6" If the MAC address' are the same how do I change them?
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeezNuts420 wrote:
I used "vxworks_killer_g-v6" If the MAC address' are the same how do I change them?

From the administration, commands tab:

nvram set et0macaddr=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (XX=mac on your sticker)
nvram commit
reboot

Now click the "run commands" button.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll check everything when I get home and let you know. Thanks for all your help barry! Very Happy
DeezNuts420
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware.....You are the MAN!!!!

All 3 bridges had defaulted to a Generic MAC address as you suspected. I updated each bridge to Build 12307, ran the script you provided, and like magic they all connected in perfect harmony. There is no drop in bandwidth and every one can be online together. Thanks for all your help. This is a great community with a lot of helpful/knowledgeable people. :D

P.S. You may want to add this info to the Client Bridge and the WRT54G v5-6 wiki. So no one else has to go through it like me Wink
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeezNuts420 wrote:
barryware.....You are the MAN!!!!

All 3 bridges had defaulted to a Generic MAC address as you suspected. I updated each bridge to Build 12307, ran the script you provided, and like magic they all connected in perfect harmony. There is no drop in bandwidth and every one can be online together. Thanks for all your help. This is a great community with a lot of helpful/knowledgeable people. :D

P.S. You may want to add this info to the Client Bridge and the WRT54G v5-6 wiki. So no one else has to go through it like me Wink

Glad you got it working... One thing to remember..

This IS NOT a permanent change. If you hard reset the router, you will have to run the commands again.

It will survive a power cycle or a reboot through the gui but will not survive a hard reset or a "restore default settings" through the gui.

The only way to make it permanent at this time, is to edit and replace the cfe on your box(s).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you give me the command to make the MAC permanent?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeezNuts420 wrote:
Can you give me the command to make the MAC permanent?

hexedit.exe Razz

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
VValdo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW after struggling with client bridging for a while and sort of having it half-work (client router kept snatching IPs from any laptop I tried to connect, causing problems) I discovered this WDS thing and holy crap it is fantastic.

I know there's supposed to be this bandwidth-halving thing, but my transfer rates went from 1.2 MB/s to over 7 MB/s. So I can't recommend it enough!

W

PS-- fwiw I'm using two WNDR3300 routers I got off newegg for like $40 each...
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: