wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Do the hard reset now (30/30/30) and reconfigure.

Better late then never Laughing

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:43    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
jonnywong wrote:

However, since then i cant make any modifications. For instance while attempting to apply wireless security it brings me to a blank page with the address of 192.168.1.245/apply.cgi - nothing happening at all.

Clear your browsers cache & cookies

jonnywong wrote:
I realized that i did not reset the router prior to loading dd-wrt...not sure if this would be the cause.

Oops...

Do the hard reset now (30/30/30) and reconfigure.

No need to re-flash unless you want a different build. Might I suggest 11793. Memory management improved greatly post 11296.

The wap V2 will run either vint or newd. I am currently running newd. Uptime 114+ days with no issues. Configured as a client bridge.

Thanks for the info. Once a re-authenticated with the router i was able to make some changes. Right now i am having issues with setting up security between the wireless bridge. From what ive read there are issues with the WPA2 Personal authentication which is sort of disappointing...so ill attempt wpa for now i suppose
jonnywong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw barryware you were dead on with clearing the cache and cookies...figured this out right before you posted!!
jrock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:09    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
jonnywong wrote:
Thanks for the info. Once a re-authenticated with the router i was able to make some changes. Right now i am having issues with setting up security between the wireless bridge. From what ive read there are issues with the WPA2 Personal authentication which is sort of disappointing...so ill attempt wpa for now i suppose

Nice to hear it's working.

I run wap54g v2's as client bridges with wpa2-p without any problems.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonnywong wrote:
btw barryware you were dead on with clearing the cache and cookies...figured this out right before you posted!!

Thanks.. I've seen it on "TV" a couple of times. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:18    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
jrock wrote:

Depends on the AP you are connecting to. (dd-wrt vs. non dd-wrt). Possibly the drivers also (vint vs. newd).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:24    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
jrock wrote:
jonnywong wrote:

Nice to hear it's working.

interesting....i followed the tutorial for wireless bridging security and while wpa personal works, wpa2 personal and mixed do not. This is bridging a wap54g(wired to main router) and wrt54gl (remote router)....this will have to do for now, but id like to see if i can get wpa2 working eventually.
jrock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26    Post subject: Re: wap54g v. 2 sucessful upgrade, but.... Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
jrock wrote:

Depends on the AP you are connecting to. (dd-wrt vs. non dd-wrt). Possibly the drivers also (vint vs. newd).

im sure that's true, but I think he already said he is using dd-wrt on both ends.

jonnywong wrote:
interesting....i followed the tutorial for wireless bridging security and while wpa personal works, wpa2 personal and mixed do not. This is bridging a wap54g(wired to main router) and wrt54gl (remote router)....this will have to do for now, but id like to see if i can get wpa2 working eventually.

hmmm.. I think you'll figure it out jw.

I can tell you that I have done AP/CB configurations with the exact same hardware (wrt54gl-wap54g.v2) and it worked flawlessly. Running wpa2-personal/aes.

Last edited by jrock on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33; edited 1 time in total
jonnywong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
remote router:

Router Name
DD-WRT

Router Model
Linksys WRT54GL

Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/0Cool mini - build 10011
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The firmware on that remote router needs an upgrade bad. SP1 in know to have bugs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you sir. just upgraded the remote router and now im running wpa2 on a wireless bridge...sweet.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad you got it workin Very Happy

Navigation

Jump to: