Linksys WRT150n wireless clients can't access Inernet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hollrm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 18:59    Post subject: Linksys WRT150n wireless clients can't access Inernet Reply with quote
Replaced lighning damaged Netgear router with WRT150n using DD-wrt and wireless clients can't access internet or ping internet IP addresses! Local Area Network connectivity is fine. Can anyone tell me what setting is wrong? Its a business client and have to get them back up quickly
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the announcements.
hollrm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow. So much changed so fast in the last year since I thought I had the latest build. Confused about which to select. Does dd-wrt.v24-12476_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin seem like for my router?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you don't know the answer to that, you should stick to recommended builds.....
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
NEWD2 hasn't been tested with 150n afaik so definitely don't try it unless you have jtag to recover from a high chance of bricking it.
hollrm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would love to stick to the list of recommended builds if I were able to see one. All I see is a list of possible downloads with NO explaination for them. Also, the list does not tell which of them was tested for the 150n! Is that information in another place? Would appreciate help in selecting the correct and most reliable build for the 150n.

Also, is it clear that the build (SP1)is causing this problem. Same build works for ALL my other 150n's!
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have dd-wrt on the router, you can put any other version of dd-wrt on the router that will fit. The exception is micro on an N router and ALL of this is explained in the peacock, as well as recommendations for ALL n radio routers.

All build subsequent to SP1 are test builds, but some have been fairly thoroughly tested and work well. These are recommended builds. If you want further explanation, you will have to read the test build threads for the build you are considering.

The peacock gives you all the info you need to select the most reliable build for your router. If you wish further depth of understanding, you will have to dig deeper and start doing searches. Good luck.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: