Belkin F5D7230-4 v4000yy compatibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spazbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 13:25    Post subject: Belkin F5D7230-4 v4000yy compatibility? Reply with quote
Hi everyone, newbie here. I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 which on the label on the back says ver.4000yy. I've checked the supported hardware list (both the search engine and the table) and it's not listed as either supported or unsupported.

Does anyone have any idea if I can use this router? I've opened it up to check out the chips but not really sure what I'm looking for. I've tried flashing it using the instructions for the nearest version to it but gave up fairly quickly as I was afraid of bricking it (i don't have a JTAG cable).

I've taken a load of pictures of the chips inside and I'm going to try and confirm the chip sizes but any advice would be gratefully received.

[edit]

Two of the chips are identical Etron EM636165TS-6s which apparently is a 2MB DRAM chip. Not quite sure why it has two of them, does that make it 4MB of flash or does it not work like that?

There is an MX 29LV800BTTC70 chip which I can't find a datasheet for. The ethernet chip is a Marvell 88E6060RCJ.
I've not prised the heatsink off the CPU yet I can give that a go if necessary.

The FCC ID is K7SF5D7230A.

Cheers
Sponsor
spazbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
*bump*
spazbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
*bump* again, last time I promise.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? Anything I can look for? Or do you recommend just trying to flash it anyway using the nearest versions instructions.
HardReset
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
according to the fcc id, that device is in the "incompatible" list.

the hardware revision is indeed different but my guess would me that it is not compatible but I am also looking at the same information you are.
spazbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah many thanks, hadn't found the list of incompatible devices and apparently any with Marvell ethernet chips (definitely including the one in mine) don't work.

Time to ebay this one and ask for a version check next time! Many thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: