Preferences - Brainslayer Builds or Eko Builds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Which Builds do you Prefer?
Brainslayer Builds Rule!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Eko's the Man!
56%
 56%  [ 29 ]
Both are equal
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
I don't know
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 51

Cutoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 16:52    Post subject: Preferences - Brainslayer Builds or Eko Builds? Reply with quote
Both of the developers do marvelous work, but there seem to be some fans of one build over the other although they use the same code. So, which to you prefer?

Please note that this is about "audience preference", not as a competition between the developers.
Sponsor
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I almost say they are equal. But I vote "Eko's the man" because he frequents the forums more often and even make custom builds for people.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I feel both Eko and BS builds are equal...however, I have to agree with soulstace that Eko seems to be a bit more "in tune" with the forum due to his frequent visits.

Seeing that both builds are from the same code (but different tool chains) I would expect them to be the same...and for the most part they are.

I test all builds...and find little to no difference between them 95% of the time. (especially true when both Developers release on the same day)

Now...If we could only get BrainSlayer on board with the micro Plus builds.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I run them both but eko is the only store for vint. I do wish BS would name his builds with the version. I tried to link a poster to one of his builds.. When I went to his DL section, I had no clue as to what was what in regards to build / svn number. I had to abort the post.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
I run them both but eko is the only store for vint. I do wish BS would name his builds with the version. I tried to link a poster to one of his builds.. When I went to his DL section, I had no clue as to what was what in regards to build / svn number. I had to abort the post.

Here is how I keep track...I save them on my disk with date/build-num in the directory.

redhawk

Clipboard01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.42 KB
 Viewed:  16646 Time(s)

Clipboard01.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Here is how I keep track...I save them on my disk with date/build-num in the directory.

redhawk

Typical "HO" behaviour! Laughing

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Blazian
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only way I can tell what number BS builds are is to reference them to the Timeline http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline and see what date he put them out this has seemed to work very well for me. Cool
WRT54G v5 BS micro 14684(RB)
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
New builds should be almost the same...
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Blazian wrote:
The only way I can tell what number BS builds are is to reference them to the Timeline http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline and see what date he put them out this has seemed to work very well for me. Cool

But....if Eko or BS builds in the morning of a specific day and posts that build....then continues editing....it could be an svn build previous to what is last displayed for a given day.

You can't go by this for the BS builds...you have to load up a build and check the status tab for the svn number. Its the only sure way to tell.

[EDIT]
Today's build is the perfect example of what I am talking about.

12058 last edit was 05/07/09....BS build and posted on 05/08/09....Eko edited to 12060 and posted on 05/08/09 and the svn continues to climb today (currently at 12068 at the time of this posting)....all on 05/08/09.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:

You can't go by this for the BS builds...you have to load up a build and check the status tab for the svn number. Its the only sure way to tell.

redhawk

Rumor has it you have BS's ear (moderator) Very Happy . Maybe you could convince him of the value of naming his builds differently. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
Rumor has it you have BS's ear (moderator) Very Happy . Maybe you could convince him of the value of naming his builds differently. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:

Right!....ahuh!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
barryware wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol:

Right!....ahuh!

Just a thought... I've PM'd him and the messages never got read.. I deleted it / them after a few weeks.

I guess instead of trashing my network just to find out what SVN is flavor of the day, I could plow a build on a spare.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Blazian wrote:

But....if Eko or BS builds in the morning of a specific day and posts that build....then continues editing....it could be an svn build previous to what is last displayed for a given day.

[EDIT]
Today's build is the perfect example of what I am talking about.

12058 last edit was 05/07/09....BS build and posted on 05/08/09....Eko edited to 12060 and posted on 05/08/09 and the svn continues to climb today (currently at 12068 at the time of this posting)....all on 05/08/09.

redhawk

Yeah I noticed they continually tend to screw my mind up. Thanks for confirming the screwing....of my mind.

WRT54G v5 BS micro 14684(RB)
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't TELL BrainSlayer anything. You have to convince him by proving your case. And even then, he does what he wants....when he wants.

Afterall, it is his project....he has the last word on anything/everything.

I'm not complaining, mind you....just stating a fact.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
You can't TELL BrainSlayer anything. You have to convince him by proving your case. And even then, he does what he wants....when he wants.

Afterall, it is his project....he has the last word on anything/everything.

I'm not complaining, mind you....just stating a fact.

redhawk

I realize & understand everything you are saying. However, I can't say that Eko's builds are functionally better than BS's builds. They both run fine (when they run fine)

I'll bet that is why this poll has eko in the lead.. Just cause you know what build you are about to flash without having to flash it.

No big deal because in my last post, I figured out how to do it (flash a spare) but geez..

Navigation

Jump to: