Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
evanschimpf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
i know its a little off topic but ive been trying to hook up a belkin router running dd-wrt in client mode to my ar670w over wifi, but i cant figure out how to make the airlink101 router forward the traffic from the belkin router to the right subnet.

airlink 101 support wasnt any help either

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, but i have a feeling with the router's crappy firmware, i may just need to wait until you guys can port dd-wrt to the ar670w
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
evanschimpf wrote:
i know its a little off topic but ive been trying to hook up a belkin router running dd-wrt in client mode to my ar670w over wifi, but i cant figure out how to make the airlink101 router forward the traffic from the belkin router to the right subnet.

airlink 101 support wasnt any help either

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, but i have a feeling with the router's crappy firmware, i may just need to wait until you guys can port dd-wrt to the ar670w

wiki: client mode

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heya James. Any way we can get that tracking number? This thing is dead in the water until we can get it. thanks.
devil-strike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will indeed be nice to see dd-wrt running also on the F5D8235-4 with same chipset only 8MB/32MB flash/ram.
Linksys E3200
cremmora
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:15    Post subject: ar670w Reply with quote
by the way incase any need to know
the ar670w had a console baudrate of 57600
i was plaing around with it and i consoled into it.
i was able to get into the prompt of the router by hiting "q" as soon as i pluged power on the router . i already had my terminal runing
incase that helps any one
cremmora
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:19    Post subject: ar670w Reply with quote
forgot to mension
as soon as i got into the prompt i was looking throw the commands and i typed "tftpboot"
this will display a msg with the ip that the router will use and the ip of the tftp
if no file is specified it will load and try to boot
test.bin
router ip 192.168.1.10
tftp 192.168.1.250
i was never able to ping that address

but im shure the dd developers are aware
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I guess we are dead on this one?
cremmora
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
no i dont think that its dead as far as i know the guys over at openwrt are working on it and here at dd-wrt too

i got the router to load a file and execute it but im no programer im shure they can write code to load at the tftpboot and take fullcontrol like they did with redboot

any who its a geat router 4 mb flash 32 mb ram and 266 mhz so i wouldent pass it up but itz not up to me
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
The devs here arent working on it. As far as I know they havent received it once again.
tripper22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I emailed jamesleung a little while ago around April 8th. No response from him at all. I wonder if the router didn't get picked up again and he just gave up. I hope not. James please give us an update and a tracking number. A lot of us here helped to pay for the router and james was nice enough to get it and ship it twice for all of us. I hope all of his effort pays off soon, but i'm starting to think this router is never going to get there and that's too bad...
jamesleung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey everyone, sorry for not posting for so long. I was away from home and in Europe for about a month with limited internet access.

I was in a rush to send the router out before I left, so I did it through regular airmail, from a UPS Store. I dont know if it has a tracking number, but I'll dig up the paperwork and check. I'm hoping it got there this time, as it hasnt been returned to me.

At any rate, now that I'm back home I can look at the paperwork and make a couple of calls to see if anyone can track it down for me.
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for getting back to us james! This whole fiasco seems kinda insane Smile Who ever thought mailing out a router would be so tough?!? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
tripper22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good stuff James. Great to see you back.
speednet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 21:31    Post subject: Belkin N+ Router (F5D8235-4) Reply with quote
I'm not an expert with the chipsets and code numbers, so I am trying my best to follow the discussion regarding the Belkin routers/chipsets.

Specifically, I'm trying to determine if there is currently a way to run DD-WRT on my new Belkin F5D8235-4 (N+ Wireless Router).

Has anyone tried this? I like the router, but I really don't like the Belkin admin pages in the router's built-in firmware.

I appreciate any info anyone may have, and I apologize if this has already been answered, perhaps in a more technical way than I was able to understand.
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lets keep this thread on the title "Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details". We are having a hard enough time getting things done on this router. Maybe open a new one for the Belkin one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: