Will TP-Link TL-WR941ND be supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
OpenWRT is now flashable on the TP-Link - LAN and WAN working, wireless (aht9k) working - we have us a usable OpenWRT router!

Anyone in USA or Japan considering purchase of this router... I suggest look close at the Planex MZK-W04NU - it has a better u-boot, 8MB of flash (2x), dedicated WAN interface (not shared on switch), easier to solder serial, and the USB port is installed. They are sold for $59.99 with free shipping on Amazon.com in Japan and USA. http://www.amazon.com/IEEE802-11N-Wireless-Broadband-MZK-W04NU-Designed/dp/B000YDS0YG

Last edited by RoundSparrow on Fri Feb 27, 2009 16:52; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
GizmoGuy
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
RoundSparrow wrote:

Anyone in USA or Japan considering purchase of this router... I suggest look close at the Planex MZK-W04NU - it has a better u-boot, 8MB of flash, dedicated WAN port, and the USB port is installed. They are sold for $59.99 with free shipping on Amazon.com in Japan and USA.

Suuuure, now you tell me Laughing

Thank you for the link, I guess I'll order one of those "too" , hehe.

~
sam.vanratt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 22:18    Post subject: Image location/install skript Reply with quote
Hi RoundSparrow
I just looked at openwrt but don't find the TP Link mentioned there. Is it too 'alpha' to be posted there?
With the AR9132 I don't find so much similar as well.
Cheers
Sam

RoundSparrow wrote:
OpenWRT is now flashable on the TP-Link - LAN and WAN working, wireless (aht9k) working - we have us a usable OpenWRT router!

Anyone in USA or Japan considering purchase of this router... I suggest look close at the Planex MZK-W04NU - it has a better u-boot, 8MB of flash (2x), dedicated WAN interface (not shared on switch), easier to solder serial, and the USB port is installed. They are sold for $59.99 with free shipping on Amazon.com in Japan and USA. http://www.amazon.com/IEEE802-11N-Wireless-Broadband-MZK-W04NU-Designed/dp/B000YDS0YG
calin2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
RoundSparrow wrote:

is it posible to upgrade with web gui?

or only via serial, command line interface
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
calin2k wrote:
RoundSparrow wrote:

is it posible to upgrade with web gui?

or only via serial, command line interface

It is flashable from the WebUI, no need to install serial.

I wish to emphasize that at this time the ath9k linux driver is not performing well. It works, but not nearly as good as the stock firmware does. It is new and young... we have posted details of some problems to ath9k-devel mailing list.
sam.vanratt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 21:28    Post subject: TP-Link WR941ND Rev.2.4; Layout V1.1 Reply with quote
Hi All,
I changed yesterday my Flashrom to a 128MBit Chip, replacing my default Intel 320S33B

CPU: Atheros AR9132-AC1E 400MHz
Switch: Marvell 88E6060-RCJ1
Memory: HY5DU561622FTP-5 (16Mbx16, 32MB)
Flash: Numonyx(INTEL) M25P128 (16MB) SOP16/300mil/RM.5
Radio: AR9104

With a small adapter to my Flasher I first flashed the chip with the default TP-Link firmware (as I still have no other (...wrt) binary found) and it works. As the RM0.5 is very comfortable (comp to others) it's really easy. Maybe a MX25L12805D could work as well, but I have not tried to flash internally to verify the segment/block flashing capability. Maybe this helps
Cheers
Sam
GizmoGuy
Donator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Just following up to see if there is any new developments related to DD-WRT Support for ATH9K

I do see that OpenWRT has continued to develop support for ATH9K. Roundsparrow, thanks for your help with the Alpha firmare over on your download website :)

~
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
GizmoGuy wrote:
Hi,

Just following up to see if there is any new developments related to DD-WRT Support for ATH9K

I wish to point out if you go to the dd-wrt hardware table http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/hardware.html and search for "TRENDnet" you will see an entry for the TEW-632BRP. It says work in progress, but also says activation will be required. So dd-wrt will not be free, it will cost money.

The TRENDnet 632 is same basic chips and architectures as the TP-Link topic of this thread. Not sure if it means they intend to charge for all of these models or what. but it looks to me that the Trendnet will be the first to support dd-wrt.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
RoundSparrow wrote:
but also says activation will be required. So dd-wrt will not be free, it will cost money.

who added this?
i dont think it will be licenced nor that we have a device vor porting.
wip means that its possible not that we already have one sample

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
RoundSparrow wrote:
but also says activation will be required. So dd-wrt will not be free, it will cost money.

who added this?
i dont think it will be licenced nor that we have a device vor porting.
wip means that its possible not that we already have one sample

So it sounds to me like nothing at all has been done. Somebody needs to donate a device. I suggest the Trendnet TEW-652BRP as it is the most easiest to recover... and once that is done I think it should be trivial to adapt the rest of the AP81 routers based the information from OpenWrt.
Mike1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:58    Post subject: sorry i'm confused Reply with quote
is it correct, the TL-WR941 N and L-WR941 ND are now supported by this software? I couldn't find it in the supported devices list, which software would i install then? And, if for some reason its not working after installation, can i just reset the router to fty settings?

Thanks for your time.
DummyPLUG
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are also a new 1043ND, which is the same as 941ND except it got a gigabit switch. also the price is just a little bit more then 941ND.

p.s. I got 1043ND at $470 HKD, which 1USD=7.8HKD, that is about 60USD.
Mike1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'd love to get a reply for my above question... anybody nice?
Schugy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very interesting devices. My favourite would be 8 MB flash, gigabit switch, N WiFi (maybe 5 GHz too) with truely open drivers (and not binary only as the WNR3500L).
At least the MZK-W04NU is listed as OpenWRT compatible but the MZK-W04G with gigabit switch has a totally different CPU.
I have to look for more 1043ND info whether it can fit my needs.
I will check this topic regularly, haven't noticed it in february/march.
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi all, this is my first message ;)
I got this router one month ago and i discovered that i can't use it as wifi repeater (i know, i should check it before buying xD), so found this thread hoping that it was supported by your fantastic firmware, but found only bad news :(
Then I saw that WR1043ND is supported and think: they are almost identical, exept for the gigabit swith, and the usb port that i read we can add.. how can the WR941ND be more difficult to support?
Thanks for replying ;)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: