Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
twoheadedboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
jordanmattes wrote:
So, upon following these instructions (I got as far as vxworksprep working via the web interface, which I saw a post saying it would "take" that way, in this forum, so stupidly I used that method) and after setting my IP address as Eko described, and using the methods he described, the linksys tftp client won't connect to 192.168.1.1 for vxworkskiller to work. What am I doing wrong, am I just an idiot? I know my router isn't "bricked" because i'm connected (though unsecured) using it right now. Can anyone else post how THEY did it?

Make sure your Windows firewall is turned off. Reset the router a few times in a row, and then bring up a cmd window and start pinging 192.168.1.1 continuously. Make sure the TTL=64. Try transferring right when the router starts responding. Sometimes it's just easier to try it from a different computer too.

Also, read through the beginning of this topic, there are lots of good tips.

twoheadedboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:47    Post subject: Re: wireless unstable Reply with quote
twoheadedboy wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:

I've seen similar things caused by interference (change your wireless channel first)

Also on the wireless>>Advanced tab

Disable CTS protection, Frameburst, Afterburner
Try changing the Preamble from Long to Auto (fixed some of my hotel issues)

[EDIT[ - Another thing that just came through a PM....lower your MTU setting. See if that helps. There has been a report that too high a setting caused wireless issues with connecting a MAC computer and signal strength of the router output also changed. I don't see how it is related to signal strength...but I am throwing it out there.

thanks, in fact one of the laptops IS a powerbook g4. i have changed the MTU from auto to 1492 and will test it out some more. i did have the afterburner, frame burst, and cts disabled, and preamble on auto while i was experiencing the problems. (i am also set to g-only)

After trial and error within the wireless settings, I seem to have gotten the wireless speed stable. I believe it has something to do with the ACK timing being set to high (at least in my situation, apartment). I set the ACK timing to 50. I also turned down the TX power to 35mW. All other options on advanced settings to disabled (except web gui). I also just set the fixed rate to 36mbps, I am happy enough with that. Also, tried out every channel regardless of who was on it...finally came to 3. Oh, and I lowered the physical router like 2-3 feet down from its original position.

On a side note, I don't think it had anything to do with it, but I downgraded the Powerbook G4 from Leopard 10.5.6 to 10.5, based on a lot on info I read about the later OS X patches wreaking havoc on the wireless. Also, I changed my WPA password, because it was the same one I had used with it set to WEP, and I thought that might have something to do with it.

Now everything works great, the wifi, qos for a (wired) xbox360, and happy surfing.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Report bugs with DD-WRT
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/register

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline
e1086
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
e1086 wrote:
Any one else have problems connecting to home ftp servers with this router. I have a personal FTP set up that works just fine with my POS netgear, and then I bought this router and ftp quit working so I put dd-wrt on it and it still does not work. I know the ftp is set up correctly since it works on my LAN but I can't get to it from the internet.

Sorry to bump this up, but I still can not find a way to run a FTP server from behind this router with stock firmware or DD-WRT. Any help would be much appreciated.
cterzich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 0:31    Post subject: Please help. Reply with quote
Im looking in the post right now, but I'm going to be proactive about my question. Do I have to fallow the steps still on page 1 or can I install from Micro from the linksys firmware? I'm new to DD-wrt, but not so new to modded firmware. I've been using Tomato for sometime, but I would like to make a upgrade.
kyrogue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
does this have kaid?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Re: Please help. Reply with quote
cterzich wrote:
Im looking in the post right now, but I'm going to be proactive about my question. Do I have to fallow the steps still on page 1 or can I install from Micro from the linksys firmware? I'm new to DD-wrt, but not so new to modded firmware. I've been using Tomato for sometime, but I would like to make a upgrade.

follow the steps exactly on page 1. You can load micro or micro+ when you are finished.

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
kyrogue wrote:
does this have kaid?

no...none of the micro builds have KAI support.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
When i don't use my internet for a while (maybe an hour or more) my routeur looses his connection. My Internet or my network doesn't work anymore and I don't have access to the routeur (192.168.1.1). It's like if I'm disconnected and windows tells me that I have a limited connection. I have to reboot my routeur to fix the problem each times it happens. Can someone helps me please with this problem????

Last edited by jeep87c on Fri Jan 30, 2009 15:09; edited 2 times in total
tec_ric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Problems for my WRT54G2 with latest DD-WRT Firmware Reply with quote
Does anybody encounter problems with latest DD-WRT versions run in WRT54G2 v1 hardware?

My wireless-enabled devices (Asus laptop, & HTC phone) cannot connect to the Wi-Fi of the WRT54G2 running image: "dd-wrt.v24-11482_NEWD_micro-plus.bin" & "dd-wrt.v24-11474_NEWD_micro-plus.bin".

But everything's fine with the image: "dd-wrt.v24-10709_NEWD_micro-plus.bin" as suggested in the WRT54G2 DD-WRT installation guide.

Router Model:
Linksys WRT54Gv8 / GSv7 / G2v1

Firmware Version: (that works fine)
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/30/0Cool micro - build 10709M NEWD Eko

Wi-Fi is protected using WPA2-Personal--TKIP.
NVRAM is cleared using 30/30/30 method per each f/w change with same settings re-applied.

Does this mean the latest f/w is not supporting WRT54G2? and I MUST use the "EKO" one only?
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Report bugs with DD-WRT
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/register

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline
fuzzykittens
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot flash the firmware, I keep getting "invalid code pattern" no matter what I do. I have tried various states of router boot and no result to date. when do I hit "update" on tftp.exe

(Ich spreche deutch, englisch ist nicht mein Muttersprache) please respond in english so I can learn more of it :)

Edit: it looks as if my reading skills are a little out of date, I did not see the g2v1.bin so much as I saw a version 2 of the 72 or whatever, I'll come back if persist problem
DaveK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:50    Post subject: Successful install Reply with quote
I installed the latest version of the micro dd-wrt and it is all working now. It installed on the first try using WinXP SP3. Some things I did:
1- followed the instructions in the Wiki - waited plenty of time between steps
2- disabled Windows Firewall
3- disabled my anti-virus program
4- had to repeat one step twice - it seemed not to take my password. On re-try it worked.
5- Could not configure properly after initial re-boot. Kept getting cgi errors.
6- Did a 30/30/30 hard re-set and then was able to configure using IE 7.
This router is for a neighbor who doesn't have high end needs, but what I really like is that I can set an automatic reboot every Sunday, early morning (when nobody is on). Somehow, a weekly reboot keeps all my dd-wrt hardware happy.
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 16:52    Post subject: Partial Bricked WRT54G2 V1?? Reply with quote
I got as far as uploading prep, then my power and wireless light died. I power cycled (and now reset) the unit many times. The 2 lights are still out.
Now I have successfully (according to tftp) reloaded the original linksys firmware, and I can successfully ping the unit, but cannot access it via 192.168.1.1

I had great luck with my WRT54G V8, Is this one hooped?
Thanks
Harley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 21:16    Post subject: I should also Reply with quote
I should add that using tftp, I can (successfully it says) change the software each time, although reverting to original Linksys software doesnt bring it back to life.
I cannot access the unit via telet, but I CAN ping it successfully.
Still will not let me access it via browser.
I have done the 30 30 30 reset more times than I can count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: