Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
gravyflex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wanted to say a big thank you for this lovely firmware. I got it up and running and I am pleased beyond measure.
Sponsor
demlasjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
please help. I start to make the change for DD-WRT, I reset the router, I used the tftp for VxWorksPrep. This was worked, but then when I tried to flash VxWorksPrep wasn´t work. Now on my router is flashing the power led and the pc led (which port is connected the pc). I can´t access 192.168.1.1 page Sad( I want the DD-WRT page with the router, or the original firmware. What can I do ?

LE: still working....power led is blinking, but I can open the page. This thing is happens only for 18 seconds. After that I get time out. So how I can install the firmware in only 18 sec ?
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmrv3.jpg
How can I do ? Can I revert to original firmware ? I'm to scared now to continuing to install DD-WRT

LLE: ok, i install the firmware, now the power led is on and with wireless I have no timeout, but I want to enter in router settings to install the upgrade and I can´t, because I get everytime wrong login. I tried with login "admin" and pass "admin" and the old settings but is not working. I tried everytime of resets but nothing. Is possible to reinstall the firmware via wireless without password or simply, to find the password ?

help.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.37 KB
 Viewed:  15751 Time(s)

help.jpg

u-men
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:28    Post subject: WAN_DHCP+PPTP Working!! Reply with quote
Thank you a lot guys!
In new build (11482_micro) works WAN DHCP (before that I could not get IP via DHCP from provider) and now don`t replace WAN IP adreess by PPP after reboot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
When will somebody PLEASE FINALLY solve the pptp wan ip address bug in this firmware already open for almost a year? See also http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45767&highlight= and hundreds of other threads. With this bug the router is unusable for pptp users and it is not even possible to go back to the original firmware. I don't understand why this bug is totally ignored and it really makes me angry that i've lost my router to this so called "better" firmware!!!
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
camefromhell wrote:
When will somebody PLEASE FINALLY solve the pptp wan ip address bug in this firmware already open for almost a year? See also http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45767&highlight= and hundreds of other threads. With this bug the router is unusable for pptp users and it is not even possible to go back to the original firmware. I don't understand why this bug is totally ignored and it really makes me angry that i've lost my router to this so called "better" firmware!!!

Report bugs
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/register

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline

You can go back to the Linksys original firmware.
You will need to use a jtag cable and flash the router with a wholeflash for WRT54G2.

wholeflash for WRT54G2
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=7343

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=246999#246999
twoheadedboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
demlasjr wrote:

LLE: ok, i install the firmware, now the power led is on and with wireless I have no timeout, but I want to enter in router settings to install the upgrade and I can´t, because I get everytime wrong login. I tried with login "admin" and pass "admin" and the old settings but is not working. I tried everytime of resets but nothing. Is possible to reinstall the firmware via wireless without password or simply, to find the password ?

the defaults are 'root' for the user, and 'admin' for the password. you should probably do a hard reset (30/30/30) and then log into the router, which will make you change the user name and password.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 20:06    Post subject: wireless unstable Reply with quote
first, thanks to eko (for the firmware) and redhawk and everyone else for helping.

i have been experiencing some wireless issues with my wrt54g2v1. i am running 11296 micro-plus right now. i have decent wireless speeds (18mpbs, hitting 20 sometimes). every so often though, the wireless rate will drop down to 2mpbs (on the wireless status page), and all wireless activity slows way down. usually it seems to return to 48 or 54mbps rate, but sometimes it will just stay stuck at 2mbps.

i have tried a lot of the settings from this topic:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43943&highlight=realistic

but, i am wondering if there is some "special" setting for our routers that will make the wireless connection more stable. i live in an apt building, so i can see about 6-8 other networks in range, and i have tried picking channels that no one else is on, but seem to still have the issue.

is pegging the wireless rate at 54mbps (wireless > advanced settings) really a solution, or will it still drop to 2 mpbs if there is interference, etc.?

thanks for any suggestions.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 20:50    Post subject: Re: wireless unstable Reply with quote
twoheadedboy wrote:
first, thanks to eko (for the firmware) and redhawk and everyone else for helping.

i have been experiencing some wireless issues with my wrt54g2v1. i am running 11296 micro-plus right now. i have decent wireless speeds (18mpbs, hitting 20 sometimes). every so often though, the wireless rate will drop down to 2mpbs (on the wireless status page), and all wireless activity slows way down. usually it seems to return to 48 or 54mbps rate, but sometimes it will just stay stuck at 2mbps.

but, i am wondering if there is some "special" setting for our routers that will make the wireless connection more stable. i live in an apt building, so i can see about 6-8 other networks in range, and i have tried picking channels that no one else is on, but seem to still have the issue.

is pegging the wireless rate at 54mbps (wireless > advanced settings) really a solution, or will it still drop to 2 mpbs if there is interference, etc.?

30/30/30 hard reset before and after each upgrade.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

Update to a newer build of DD-WRT
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn11482/dd-wrt.v24-11482_NEWD_micro-plus.bin

30/30/30 hard reset before and after each upgrade.
Don't use any backup configuration files on this newer build enter your settings manually.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 21:29    Post subject: Re: wireless unstable Reply with quote
twoheadedboy wrote:

I've seen similar things caused by interference (change your wireless channel first)

Also on the wireless>>Advanced tab

Disable CTS protection, Frameburst, Afterburner
Try changing the Preamble from Long to Auto (fixed some of my hotel issues)

[EDIT[ - Another thing that just came through a PM....lower your MTU setting. See if that helps. There has been a report that too high a setting caused wireless issues with connecting a MAC computer and signal strength of the router output also changed. I don't see how it is related to signal strength...but I am throwing it out there.

see if any of that helps.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 23:51    Post subject: Re: wireless unstable Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:

I've seen similar things caused by interference (change your wireless channel first)

Also on the wireless>>Advanced tab

Disable CTS protection, Frameburst, Afterburner
Try changing the Preamble from Long to Auto (fixed some of my hotel issues)

[EDIT[ - Another thing that just came through a PM....lower your MTU setting. See if that helps. There has been a report that too high a setting caused wireless issues with connecting a MAC computer and signal strength of the router output also changed. I don't see how it is related to signal strength...but I am throwing it out there.

thanks, in fact one of the laptops IS a powerbook g4. i have changed the MTU from auto to 1492 and will test it out some more. i did have the afterburner, frame burst, and cts disabled, and preamble on auto while i was experiencing the problems. (i am also set to g-only)

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT, the most stupid firmware from the entire world with stupid creators which can't help you when you have problems. I change my router cuz was dead after trying to install DD-WRT. Thanks for this problem guys.

FOR EVERYONE WHO WANNA TRY DD-WRT- PLEASE, DON'T DISTROY YOUR 5 STAR ROUTER FOR THIS STUPID FIRMWARE !!!!!
ryosuke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="demlasjr"]DD-WRT, the most stupid firmware from the entire world with stupid creators which can't help you when you have problems. I change my router cuz was dead after trying to install DD-WRT. Thanks for this problem guys.

[color=red][size=18]FOR EVERYONE WHO WANNA TRY DD-WRT- PLEASE, DON'T DISTROY YOUR 5 STAR ROUTER FOR THIS STUPID FIRMWARE !!!!![/size][/color][/quote]

i think you are the one who is stupid here, making a fool out of yourself. need you ever ask ? -.-|| so many people used this firmware without any problem. even if they gt problem, they managed to resolve it. you are the one having problem and u nv even ask and u say the firmware is stupid ? I just feel that you are just damn stupid over here. No offence
UVA30
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:19    Post subject: flashing WRT54G2 Using Mac OSX Reply with quote
This might be a stupid question but i will ask it anyway before i brick my new WRT54G2. When flashing using Mac OS X, I can not use the tftp.exe utility for obvious reasons. However, the OS X terminal has an tftp client built in. This being said, do i just send the approriate dd-wrt WRT54G2 image to router using the tftp command? If any one has flashed a WRT54G2 using Mac OS X please help!
Thanks Very Happy
jordanmattes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, upon following these instructions (I got as far as vxworksprep working via the web interface, which I saw a post saying it would "take" that way, in this forum, so stupidly I used that method) and after setting my IP address as Eko described, and using the methods he described, the linksys tftp client won't connect to 192.168.1.1 for vxworkskiller to work. What am I doing wrong, am I just an idiot? I know my router isn't "bricked" because i'm connected (though unsecured) using it right now. Can anyone else post how THEY did it?
jordanmattes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
jordanmattes wrote:
So, upon following these instructions (I got as far as vxworksprep working via the web interface, which I saw a post saying it would "take" that way, in this forum, so stupidly I used that method) and after setting my IP address as Eko described, and using the methods he described, the linksys tftp client won't connect to 192.168.1.1 for vxworkskiller to work. What am I doing wrong, am I just an idiot? I know my router isn't "bricked" because i'm connected (though unsecured) using it right now. Can anyone else post how THEY did it?

I suppose I should say the VxWorksPrep did "take" and that's why my router is in the state that it's in.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: