Problem with WAN: Cannot get IP from PPoE (DSL) service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lm555
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:05    Post subject: Problem with WAN: Cannot get IP from PPoE (DSL) service Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I need your help. My router is Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT v24-sp1 micro firmware. The problem is that I cannot connect to my DLS account using PPPoE protocol. When I press the button "Connect"
nothing happens and then massage appears: "Connection type: Disabled". When I configure WAN to be a DHCP client I can pull IP from other router no problem. So the WAN port is physically operational. Other router's components ie. wireless and DHCP server work fine. Before and after flash I did 30/30/30 reboot, I even cleared NVRAM using Telnet - still no luck. I have left router plugged to DSL modem for 9 hours in case the other side cached old router's MAC address - stiil nothing. Thaks in advance for any suggestions...
Sponsor
Knasher
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like the modem is initializing the pppoe session and just passing a local ip to your router. If this is the case you need to set the modem to pppoe pasthrough before setting the router to create a pppoe session.
bausker1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 13:04    Post subject: also called Reply with quote
In many routers its called bridge mode. You can only connect with pppoe one place, and now you are doing it in your router.

Btw, i would recommend you a newer dd wrt build. For example http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn10991. Maybe even a newer one, but i havent tried them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: