Linksys WRT54G2 now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
cliffyboro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just put DD-WRT on my G2v1. Brilliant. I had a fon 2100 which I managed to brick (I think) and the ease of installing onto the G2 was amazingly simple compared to the fon.

I must admit though, I was looking forward to all the telnet stuff that I had to do with the fon Razz
Sponsor
phurley
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:19    Post subject: Brand New WRT54G2 but tftp can't upload prep Reply with quote
Brand new from Amazon. I tried the instructions but tftp timed out. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Linksys_WRT54G2

I did a scan and only tcp 21 and 80 ports are open and tftp takes udp 69 I believe and my networkactiv port scanner can't connect via any udp ports. What can I do to open that port? Or what am I doing incorrectly?
GogoKodo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having similar trouble as some others it seems. Keep getting no server response in tftp when trying to do the prep file.

I've gone through the steps quite a few times and checked settings many times as well.

On Vista 32, no firewall running. Ah well, at least I haven't bricked my router!
phurley
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:15    Post subject: Re: Brand New WRT54G2 but tftp can't upload prep Reply with quote
phurley wrote:
Brand new from Amazon. I tried the instructions but tftp timed out. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Linksys_WRT54G2

I did a scan and only tcp 21 and 80 ports are open and tftp takes udp 69 I believe and my networkactiv port scanner can't connect via any udp ports. What can I do to open that port? Or what am I doing incorrectly?

I switched to my laptop and it upgraded fine. Weird with the PC.
naghicalin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 13:03    Post subject: Led Reply with quote
Hi,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for this firmware. My WRT54G2 router was restarting itself very often and I was getting crazy because of this. I have contact linksys support twice but they were not very professional (or maybe that's because they don't have a solution for this). So I get no help from linksys...
However after I've put this firmware everything seems to work more than ok except that the led near refresh button is not green anymore and is always orange. Is this a big problem? As I said everything works perfect...
anandus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:31    Post subject: remote-monitoring Reply with quote
It works brilliantly on my router. Well bridge at the moment.

One question though:
Although it's the micro firmware, is there any way to get SNMP working on the WRT54G2?
FrankDD-WRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, sorry to hop in like this, but I followed the procedure, I can configure everything in the firmware, all seems fine, except that I cannot know if the HARD RESET procedure worked or not.

I pressed on the back button 30sec, nothing flashed nor changed color. I then did a power cycle to make sure. All is fine so far in the firmware.

How can I know the factory defaults have been applied by the hard reset, if it worked, since I did not change anything previously anyway?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Reset_And_Reboot

For the moment I am not using it, until I can make sure it is safe to use it.

tnx

WRT54G2 v24 sp1
WRT54G v5 v24 sp1
Weird WRT54G v1.0 not working
Linux openSUSE 10.3 KDE 64-bits
hashaam83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got the WRT54G2v1 2 days before and flashed it with the micro-plus version successfully and found out micro-plus does not have PPTP client.

So, I want to revert the firmware to the factory and return it to the shop to get a router with at least 4MB Flash.

Can anyone provide me with the reverting procedure?

Thanks in advance.

hashaam83
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
hashaam83 wrote:
Got the WRT54G2v1 2 days before and flashed it with the micro-plus version successfully and found out micro-plus does not have PPTP client.

So, I want to revert the firmware to the factory and return it to the shop to get a router with at least 4MB Flash.

Thanks in advance.

hashaam83

There is no revert for this unit. It is still a one way operation.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
hashaam83 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

hashaam83

There is no revert for this unit. It is still a one way operation.

redhawk

Sorry for sounding noob but cannot it be reverted to original linksys firmware?

hashaam83
phuque99
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is only one way to revert back to default Linksys....that is via JTAG but only if you have a wholeflash of the unit from before upgrading to dd-wrt.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
There is only one way to revert back to default Linksys....that is via JTAG but only if you have a wholeflash of the unit from before upgrading to dd-wrt.

redhawk

I downloaded the latest image from the linksys website, will that help?

hashaam83
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
hashaam83 wrote:
redhawk0 wrote:

redhawk

I downloaded the latest image from the linksys website, will that help?

hashaam83

No...you would have to have a JTAG'd backup of a wholeflash from YOUR unit to recover. It is the only method of reversion possible at this time.

Unless you took your virgin unit and did a wholeflash.bin backup using JTAG before loading dd-wrt on it...then you are out of luck.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK...anyone willing to try it with JTAG...here is a "generic" original Linksys wholeflash for the WRT54G2V1.

It has an embedded MAC address of 00:21:29:00:00:01

This MUST be loaded back to the unit with JTAG...no exceptions.

This is an altered/edited wholeflash.bin file from my virgin unit...before dd-wrt was loaded.

[EDIT] - reported to be working.

redhawk

generic-WHOLEFLASH.BIN
 Description:
vxworks...not linux

Download
 Filename:  generic-WHOLEFLASH.BIN
 Filesize:  2 MB
 Downloaded:  10981 Time(s)

Last edited by redhawk0 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:28; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 76, 77, 78  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 78
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: