Need help on WRT54Gv5 w/ SES.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kazukenta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:18    Post subject: Need help on WRT54Gv5 w/ SES. Reply with quote
Hi all,

I know that dd-wrt firmware supports WRT54Gv5 routers. But i got this new router that has SES.

So does dd-wrt support WRT54Gv5 w/ SES?
Sponsor
kazukenta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok guys. I searched the net and found some pple did flashed it with dd-wrt but had problems turning the SES light off.

Can any1 help with this?
NoelDude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
All the WRT-54Gv5 have SES, nothing special about yours.

SES consists of a white/amber LED with a switch under it. Both are software-controlled. Linksys uses them for setting up and showing the status of WiFi encryption.

DD-WRT uses it as a "wan ready" light - it comes on when the internet port gets an IP.
Recent SP2 versions of DD-WRT also have an optional function to use the SES button to easily turn the wireless radio on or off. This feature is disabled by default.

If you don't like seeing the light on you can turn it off:

Manually:
Press the button a few times and it will cycle through white/amber/white+amber/off. It will go back to normal when the unit reboots. This doesn't change any of the settings on the router unless you enable the "Use SES for turning off radio" setting.

Tell DD-WRT to turn the light off:
Go to Administration->Services and make sure "Use SES for turning off radio" is set to "disable"
Then go to Administration->Commands and paste into the box (all one line):
Code:
/bin/sleep 30 && /sbin/gpio enable 2 && /sbin/gpio enable 3 &

and then click "Save Startup"

Next time you reboot your router the SES light should turn off ~1 minute after power-on

Find more cool tricks with the gpio command in the wiki.
kazukenta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx alot for the info. Didn't know that all v5s comes with SES. Coz all along i've been using v1.1. And its working great with dd-wrt v23 sp1 final.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: