wrt600n successful but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
kertofer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I have my 600N as my gateway device hooked to the Internet, can I have a WRT54G that acts as the far end of a WDS link? I am using WPA Personal encryption with TKip.
Sponsor
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41    Post subject: im not sure you can Reply with quote
At this time i don't think you can use WPA PSK with the WDS link.. However you can use the WDS link with no encryption or WEP.. (I have had no success with WEP but some people have)
fatalshock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I changed the encryption type on to WEP and WDS works perfect now.
CatalystZero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm having a frustrating problem reoccur on my WRT600N.

I flashed the router using mega build 9774M TNG Ecko and everything is working great except every so often I'll have random connection drops on my laptop, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 all while I'm in the middle of something.

All three systems are hooked up through Ethernet cables so I know it's not a wireless problem.

The connection will drop and then I'll be able to reconnect instantly within a couple of seconds.

Needless to say, this is incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help me? Is there a more stable build I can go to?

Any comments would be much appreciated - it sometimes seems like help is hard to find here.
criminala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
CatalystZero wrote:

I flashed the router using mega build 9774M TNG Ecko and everything is working great except every so often I'll have random connection drops on my laptop, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 all while I'm in the middle of something.

All three systems are hooked up through Ethernet cables so I know it's not a wireless problem.

The connection will drop and then I'll be able to reconnect instantly within a couple of seconds.

Needless to say, this is incredibly frustrating. Can anyone help me? Is there a more stable build I can go to?

Any comments would be much appreciated - it sometimes seems like help is hard to find here.

Just a thought , could it be that you have 2 dhcp servers running maybe ? 1 on your wrt600n and one on your modem/server/.. something ?
CatalystZero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
criminala wrote:
CatalystZero wrote:

Just a thought , could it be that you have 2 dhcp servers running maybe ? 1 on your wrt600n and one on your modem/server/.. something ?

Well, I'm using the router defaults and I already tried disabling DHCP Server and the connections would still drop out from time to time.

Should I be set to DHCP Server or Forwarder? I'm not sure what the difference is, let alone if I need it enabled to begin with.
criminala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you do not have 2 dhcp servers in your network then the router shlould be fine at its default settings .

I can't really help you further .

On another note , I'd like to see the wireless perform smoother . Also the 5 ghz channel would be nice . I really hope there is a way to get that working in dd-wrt.
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
criminala
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 pm Post subject:
If you do not have 2 dhcp servers in your network then the router shlould be fine at its default settings .

I can't really help you further .

On another note , I'd like to see the wireless perform smoother . Also the 5 ghz channel would be nice . I really hope there is a way to get that working in dd-wrt.

I'm not sure what is going on... There should never be 2 DHCP server "within the same range and on the same subnet" Also the 5GHz band does work on the 600N in DD-WRT, so i'm not sure why yours doesn't work..

mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 17:34    Post subject: wds? WPA? Reply with quote
SO did the problem with WPA over WDS get fixed? I can no longer find it on the bug tracker, and i don't see any new builds in the Eko directory..
CatalystZero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I disabled the DHCP Server and I'm going to wait and see how things go.

If anyone has any idea why I'd be getting connection drops and then reconnect within a second or so - let me know because I find this problem incredibly annoying.
CatalystZero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it turns out that I'm not getting disconnects - it's my router actually rebooting at random intervals.

I have no idea what's causing this.

I'm thinking of downgrading to a more stable build, does anyone have any recommendations?

Is it okay to flash the stable v24 with this router (link below)? Are there any problems I should be aware of?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/stable/dd-wrt.v24/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT600N/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

If I do a 30/30/30 reset and flash the firmware through the web browser I should be okay, right? Or is there a better build I should go with?

Thanks for the help guys.
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
CatalystZero wrote:
Well, it turns out that I'm not getting disconnects - it's my router actually rebooting at random intervals.

I have no idea what's causing this.

I'm thinking of downgrading to a more stable build, does anyone have any recommendations?

Is it okay to flash the stable v24 with this router (link below)? Are there any problems I should be aware of?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/stable/dd-wrt.v24/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT600N/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

If I do a 30/30/30 reset and flash the firmware through the web browser I should be okay, right? Or is there a better build I should go with?

Thanks for the help guys.

No, that build is not compatible with the v1.1. Try flashing this image from Eko's TNG driectory. It is a newer build than the one you were using.

Se7en is Darker...
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 14:12    Post subject: WDS Reply with quote
Ok so i currently have 3 WDS clients connected to my WRT600N (as host) i went to add a 4th WDS client and the network went haywire. None of my clients were able to connect to the host. I Then pulled all the routers put all back to defaults and tried again.. Same thing happened.. Does anyone know if this is a limitation or a "feature".. Also i was finally able to WEP working over WDS but still not WPA or WPA2
Chacha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:51    Post subject: No progress..... Reply with quote
Despite a PM to brainslayer and waiting for several weeks there is still no stable fully functional version for the WRT600N.

Is there still work in progress for the WRT600N or have the efforts to get it fully operational been stopped?
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 18:58    Post subject: Re: No progress..... Reply with quote
Chacha wrote:
Despite a PM to brainslayer and waiting for several weeks there is still no stable fully functional version for the WRT600N.

Is there still work in progress for the WRT600N or have the efforts to get it fully operational been stopped?

I think BS's unit is currently bricked; however that was a while ago and he may have recovered it by now.

Se7en is Darker...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 65, 66, 67  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 32 of 67
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: