WDS problem between two WRT54g v2.x v24 final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
erj2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have done a lot of tests with the non VINT V24. WPA, WPA2 both with TKIP and AES. No wireless clients at all, both routers only connected via ethernet to a laptop on each side. As i wrote, nost of the time WDS will not work, sometimes it will. Until now, the VINT-Version runs 3 days without any problem at all. May be it depends on the hardware used, i tested it on 2 WRT54GL V1.1.
Sponsor
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
erj2 wrote:
i have done a lot of tests with the non VINT V24. WPA, WPA2 both with TKIP and AES. No wireless clients at all, both routers only connected via ethernet to a laptop on each side. As i wrote, nost of the time WDS will not work, sometimes it will. Until now, the VINT-Version runs 3 days without any problem at all. May be it depends on the hardware used, i tested it on 2 WRT54GL V1.1.

These are exactety yje same routers I'm using.
The firmware is different, I have V24 final mini.
Do you use any exotic characters in the essid or password?
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alberto wrote:
Another random thought. I always had the impression that some clients were able to crash the nas process, which is used for wpa authentication. Do you have clients trying to connect when rebooting the routers?

no
Alberto wrote:
Do you use any exotic characters in the essid or password?

yes but I don't think this is a problem.. I am using same SSID and WPA key on v23SP2 without any problem.
TexasFlood
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also posted the following in the ticket, before I noticed this post:

I saw this issue as well. My workaround was to set WDS watchdog on all routers, 60 seconds for the "remote" WDS routers and something higher, at least 90 seconds for the "primary" gateway router. While it's not perfect, they reboot, with some time offset, until eventually solid connectivity is established. As was stated earlier, once a proper connection is made, it is very stable.
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34    Post subject: Cross your fingers Reply with quote
It seems I joined the club.
Before I had two routers and I was able to switch them on and off and they would always start as they should.

Now i have 4 routers in wds (LAN - A - B - C - D - Bridged clients)
and when I reboot A I always have to reboot B.

But hold on: it seems that if I put the wireless key renewal interval to 60 they behave correctly.
More tests are needed but it seems to work.
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes it still does not work. WDS and WPA is a mess.
vincekahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to 24sp1(10011) yesterday and this issue seems to be worse. I could not get WDS to work until I disabled wireless security. Once connected I re-enabled it and it continued to work but if I reboot either AP they will not connect until I disable encryption.

I'm using WPA Personal / AES.

Anyone else seeing this?
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will test again today afternoon with build 10011 and report results here Wink
gingerwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
i tried the new build 10011 and although it worked the first moment, it still hangs after reset. so i would say: problem not solved
wjoerg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
erj2 wrote:

I thought WPA2 dosn't work under wds?

"Note
WDS is only available in AP mode. Also Wireless encryption WPA2 and Wireless network mode B-Only are not supported under WDS."
moreins
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey
just noticed your post
im having similar issues and i have a workaround for my situation. give it a try if it applies to your network topology

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36404

later

Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: