WDS problem between two WRT54g v2.x v24 final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20    Post subject: WDS problem between two WRT54g v2.x v24 final Reply with quote
what are your experiences?
please look at this ticket and give some feedback Wink

Last edited by cybero2912 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 17:45; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
... problem still persists: if second AP is off for a while it doesn't connect in most of the cases. after rebooting both (sometimes two or three times) connection is established properly
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe the latest 9697 build is including some fixes which correct this issue.
@ brainslayer and eko: any suggestions?
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
tried build 9774 with no success Sad
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been testing with WPA TKIP and never saw this problem. I left the second router off for two or three hours. Should I wait longer?
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
as I already said... sometimes it's working sometimes not.
seems that WDS connection is not detected properly sometimes and then router doesn't try again.
I am testing for some days now and in most of the tests the connection ist established but sometimes not. there are also some replies in the german forum which confirm this issue.
vincekahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm seeing the same thing. Anytime I reboot either AP, I have to reboot each of them over and over before WDS starts to work. I tried 9774 as well, I couldn't get WDS to work at all.

I'm back to latest official v24. Once WDS works I have no problem until next reboot.
PixelaseR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got the same problem. I have a Buffalo WHR-G125 and a Linksys WRT54G v8. Both used to work during v24 RCs but after updating to Final, the second one won't connect to the first one at all. Not sure why.
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybero2912 wrote:
seems that WDS connection is not detected properly sometimes and then router doesn't try again.
I am testing for some days now and in most of the tests the connection ist established but sometimes not. there are also some replies in the german forum which confirm this issue.

You are mentioning that the second router should be off for a long time for the problem to be seen. Do you still think this is a factor? I would like to test this by myself and put me in the same conditions as you.
How many power cycles do you feel are needed to see the defect?
vincekahn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alberto wrote:
cybero2912 wrote:

You are mentioning that the second router should be off for a long time for the problem to be seen. Do you still think this is a factor? I would like to test this by myself and put me in the same conditions as you.
How many power cycles do you feel are needed to see the defect?

For me it's just a matter of rebooting one of the routers. As soon as that happens WDS shows connected with good signal but they can't ping each other. I have to shut them both down, start the primary, wait a few minutes, and reboot the secondary. Typically this works on the second or third try.
erj2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have the same problem with v24 on 2 wrt54gl v1.1. Sometimes WSD works, sometimes not. WDS link was always up after a few seconds but no traffic will be forwarded. It was more or less randomly. On one router i had to go to Advanced Wireless and press apply, then the link came up with forwarding traffic. After rebooting it worked in about 20% of the cases. I tried WPA AES and WPA2 TKIP, no difference.

Then i installed dd-wrt.v24-9517_VINT_std.bin and the link came up with working ethernet forwarding regardless of which router was rebooted.

I will install the routers at the destination tomorrow, lets see if it works reliable.
zachZach30
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 15:26    Post subject: wds reboot between WRT54G and WRT54GL 1.1 Reply with quote
I have had the same problem. I have discovered that unplugging each router for 10 seconds is the only way to get WDS to come up correctly. If I perform a soft reboot, the WDS connection does not come back up.
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't have the time to do some extensive test until now, but I power cycled the router for about 20 times and the link was always established correctly.
I'm using v24 final.
Maybe the problem comes from the encryption you are using. Could you try WPA personal TKIP, the one I'm using?
cybero2912
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alberto wrote:
Could you try WPA personal TKIP, the one I'm using?

also tried with WPA/TKIP same behavior ...
Alberto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another random thought. I always had the impression that some clients were able to crash the nas process, which is used for wpa authentication. Do you have clients trying to connect when rebooting the routers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: