QOS problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates
MikeP lowman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 17:19    Post subject: QOS problems Reply with quote
Hi all

I am using Firmware: DD-WRT v24 (05/24/0Cool micro-special on a WRT54g v2.

I purchased this today because I really need to be able to limit my users bandwidth by mac address.

My network is running fine, everything connects nicely and all devices can connect to the network and internet correctly but.... arrrrgh. The QOS doesn't seem to work,

I am testing a laptop connected wirelessly and have input its mac address and set it's max upload to 100k and download to 50k for testing purposes. I then go to sppedtest.net to test it and it happily downloads at over 5000k and uploads at 380. If I set it by ip address it does exactly the same and does this whether I set the QOS option to WAN or Lan and WLAN.

Heeeeeeeeelp Any advice anybody? I have read posts from otyhers saying they have the same problem with this version and others saying it has been fixed.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32069
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I'd read this thread but it doesn't actually say whether it is fixed in v24 special.

I went back to v23 sp4 micro and it doesn't seem to work either. Even limiting the lan ports has no effect.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom Customer Downloads & Updates All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: