enabling tftp kills dnsmasq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
trickstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 16:52    Post subject: enabling tftp kills dnsmasq Reply with quote
I have a whr-hp-g54 with 1GB sd/mmc mod (dd-wrt rc7 9433 nokaid) and im trying to turn the router into a pxe server.

this is what i put In the "Additional DNSMasq Options"

dhcp-boot=thinstation.nbi.zpxe
dhcp-range=192.168.1.150,192.168.1.170,255.255.255.0,24h
tftp-root=/mmc/thinstation
enable-tftp

after restarting my pc the pxe environment loads, DHCP info is received and then TFTP tries to communicate with the server, after 1-2 mins, it fails with "PXE-E32: TFTP Open Timeout".

googling the error code:

# PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout.
TFTP open request was not acknowledged. Verify that the TFTP service is running.

so i telnet the router and doing "ps" command i dont see dnsmasq shown, removing the dnsmasq options and doing "ps" command again i can see dnsmasq.

can anyone help out with this.

thanks
Sponsor
aclar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 17:14    Post subject: TFTP server not working in DNSMasq, WRT54GL 1G MMC/SD Mod Reply with quote
Trickstar, do a forum search on "enable-tftp" or go to http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19722&highlight=enabletftp and you will see that the tftp server is not compiled into the binary, so it doesn't work. This feature is so valuable, I was also frustrated to discover it was left out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: