firmware revert

roccat33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 23:36    Post subject: Can't get any questions answered with this firmware Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to get into a NS2 to get it back to factory. Can never get an answer and no one has an answer in forum. Ns2 is totally useless after using this dd-wrt firmware. Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:27    Post subject: Re: Can't get any questions answered with this firmware Reply with quote
roccat33 wrote:
Has anyone been able to get into a NS2 to get it back to factory.

yes, the same way u flashed ddwrt...but only to the ubiquiti version u came from
Quote:
Can never get an answer and no one has an answer in forum. Ns2 is totally useless after using this dd-wrt firmware. Rolling Eyes

i dont think so. what is your problem?

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:06    Post subject: Flashing to factory never works Reply with quote
If it worked, I would have never posted. Obviously it is not working. I have attempted multiple times and it always fails to upload the "same way I flashed it to dd-wrt". I have gone into the admin screen and also tried uploading thru tftp. I've asked for help on this and I never seem to get an answer. That's the problem. No beef with U but if I ask for help after it does not work, then you would think there is a problem with the firmware or the proceedure the forum is giving. Are we not here to share good information?
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
first of all i moved your "out of topic" posting to a new thread ...

and now ... as we talking, could you share the information with us, what is not working for you with dd-wrt ?

regarding your problem i cannot help actually, i am not an expert for this ... but i am sure there is someone willing to help ...
roccat33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:42    Post subject: DDwrt will not allow you to put it back to factory firmware Reply with quote
The NS2 I have is bricked. I only see dd-wrt firmware gui but when I goto the administration field and do a firmware upgrade, it rejects the factory firmware. I had v2.2.1.bin and it will say "upgrade failed" whenever i upload. How do I get it back to factory. I already hit the reset button for 10 seconds, then stood on one foot and held my arm out pointing north(you got the idea) and all that but it will not take. Can you help? All I want is my factory firmware back. Nothing more. Once I can do that, I'll get out of the forum.
Thank you
Regards
roccat33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:17    Post subject: I guess no one has the answer....... Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
use TFTP and not the webinterface for reverting

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 22:59    Post subject: No ping reply Reply with quote
I already tried tftp using cmd. It did not get me anywhere. It would time out. Then I used the linksys tftp and that did nothing but fail too. I was then told to try dd-wrt.v23_micro_wrt54gs bin and that did worse. Now I cannot get to ping it. I don't know what ip to send it to. Have I bricked it again or is there a solution to bring it back. Any other ideas on reverting to factory firmware. I see the lan light blinking when attempting a ping. How do I know what ip address it is on? I used 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 but nothing. I need some other ideas even if I have to connect to it some other way. I am open to some ideas. What tftp program shoud I be using???? Question
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt.v23_micro_wrt54gs is a firmware for broadcom based routers ....
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
correct. you must use the ubnt firmware and not the linksys firmware. and you must push the reset button on power on for 10 seconds to get into recovery tftp mode

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55    Post subject: I guess you missed all I said. Reply with quote
"I already tried tftp using cmd. It did not get me anywhere. It would time out. Then I used the linksys tftp and that did nothing but fail too. I was then told to try dd-wrt.v23_micro_wrt54gs bin and that did worse. Now I cannot get to ping it. I don't know what ip to send it to. I see the lan light blinking when attempting a ping. How do I know what ip address it is on? I used 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 but nothing. I need some other ideas even if I have to connect to it some other way. I am open to some ideas. What tftp program shoud I be using????"

As you see, there's more in the question...
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is all documented in the flashing instruction. the ip is 192.168.1.20

remember that you installed dd-wrt in the same way, so why dont you look into the documentation? and why do you use the wrong files and ip's now?

Navigation

Jump to: