DHCP Clients Table - Host name not showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wintermute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 18:52    Post subject: DHCP Clients Table - Host name not showing Reply with quote
Hi,

I noticed that some of the host names in the DHCP Clients Table are blank.The other host names are displayed correctly. My questions are:

* Why that happenes?
* How the firmware figures the host names? As far as I know they are not part of the udhcpd lease files.

I am running v23 SP1.

Thanks

Last edited by wintermute on Mon Aug 14, 2006 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
pazuzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, specifically Mac OS X clients are not showing. They do show up on D-link DI-524 DHCP client lists, so it's gotta be diff in firmware.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 20:03    Post subject: Re: DHCP Clients Table - Host name not showing Reply with quote
wintermute wrote:
Hi,
I noticed that some of the host names in the DHCP Clients Table are blank.The other host names are displayed correctly. My questions are:
* Why that happenes?
* How the firmware figures the host names? As far as I know they are not part of the udhcpd lease files.
I am running v23 SP1.
Thanks

Try the latest beta SP2 release. I think this issue got pretty much fixed recently.
Red_Rhino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:22    Post subject: Where is SP2? Reply with quote
Where can I get SP2? I only see SP1 in the Downloads section.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:24    Post subject: Re: Where is SP2? Reply with quote
Red_Rhino wrote:
Where can I get SP2? I only see SP1 in the Downloads section.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Funtested_alpha_unstable%2Fdd-wrt.v23+SP2/
Red_Rhino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I didn't realize it was still considered a BETA.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
The names for my ReplayTV clients are still not shown in the DHCP clients table when I use dnsmasq. They do show up with the old udhcpc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: