Repeater, VAP with routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
eskasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 16:19    Post subject: Repeater, VAP with routing Reply with quote
Hi,
i use dd-wrt in my fonera as a client bridge of the local network based on wpa encryption. (192.168.1.X lan, where .1.1=router1 and .1.2=fonera)

My fonera serves perfectly the pc2, connected with ethernet.
I want my fonera to give access to other equipment, with wep/none encryption...and they should be in the range 192.168.2.X. So, routing, no bridging!

I am googling about it but do not able to translate it into dd-wrt.

Any help, please?
Sponsor
computmaxer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
don't you just need to create a Virtual Access Point and enable DHCP (if it is not already)?

It should work that way.

eskasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
When enabling dhcp on Fon3ra, it tries to serve ips in the range 1.x, not in the second subnet of 192.168.2.x...
I suppose i have to enable ip routing/forwarding....but no idea if i am doing well
computmaxer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the basic setup page, you will find DHCP configuration about halfway down. You can choose which ip range it will hand out.

In order to have the fon3ra hand out .2.1 range, you may need to change the address of the fon3ra from .1.2 to .2.1 so it allows you to change the DHCP starting address to the .2.1 range.

Hope that didn't confuse you....

eskasi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
i cannot change the ip X.X.1.2 for the fon3ra because it acts as an AP to the pc#2 (everybody in the same subnet).
i wanted the fon3era to effectively route the X.X.2.X to X.X.1.X and afterward, to internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: