USB print server functionality? CUPS present?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
r00tb33r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 17:16    Post subject: USB print server functionality? CUPS present? Reply with quote
Thinking of getting something like ASUS WL-520GU with USB. 16MB RAM, 4MB flash, Broadcom 5354 chip. Supported in some v24 builds.
My printer has native Linux support, Samsung SPL driver. Printing works fine with CUPS on my PC.
Can DD-WRT act as a CUPS server for me?
Is CUPS included in the standard (non-micro) version of DD-WRT?
How do I configure this?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
bkmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 17:40    Post subject: Re: USB print server functionality? CUPS present? Reply with quote
r00tb33r wrote:
Thinking of getting something like ASUS WL-520GU with USB. 16MB RAM, 4MB flash, Broadcom 5354 chip. Supported in some v24 builds.
My printer has native Linux support, Samsung SPL driver. Printing works fine with CUPS on my PC.
Can DD-WRT act as a CUPS server for me?
Is CUPS included in the standard (non-micro) version of DD-WRT?
How do I configure this?
Thanks in advance.

Cups is supported, but not included. I uploaded a fimware today with p910nd support. P910 is a non-spooling printer daemon. USB support is not native to dd-wrt either, although Eko is building his builds with an early limited USB support in the webui. The firmware being developed bu shinji257 is based on an RC7 build and has usb, serial, automount, p910nd, and optware mount support. If you install optware to a usb stick after using this firmware, you can then install cups.

Here is a link to the thread that i uploaded the firmware to. USB support is located under the services tab.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30678&start=15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: