Netgear WNR834Bv2 - is it supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
And now OpenVPN is up and running too. I'll test it over the next week and report back here if there are any problems. Very Happy

Thanks, eko !

jas3
Sponsor
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm seeing about 1.6Mbps in both directions over a 15Mbps symetrical connection. Is that about what I should expect?

jas3
TheCodeMonk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
simkiss wrote:
I spy with my little eye:

dd-wrt.v24-9370_NEWD_openvpn.bin

Who wants to be the first to test the new OpenVPN build?

jas3

Works like a charm here...

Linksys WRT54G v6 (DD-WRT v24 RC-6 01/02/08 micro - build 8743)
vze2jbz7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had no luck in getting my wireless on a different channel other than 1. Every time I try a command it just does not want to take it.
Example: ~ # wl channel 12
I get: sh: eval: line 1: /: Permission denied
This happens with any command I try to run. Is there anyway I could fix this? I am using commands under the administration tab to do this.
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
vze2jbz7 wrote:
I have had no luck in getting my wireless on a different channel other than 1. Every time I try a command it just does not want to take it.
Example: ~ # wl channel 12
I get: sh: eval: line 1: /: Permission denied
This happens with any command I try to run. Is there anyway I could fix this? I am using commands under the administration tab to do this.

Same here. It defaulted to channel 6, on which there were a few other APs, so I switched it to 11. It still showed 11 in the web interface, but was still on channel 6. Then I rebooted it and it came back up on channel 1 (but still shows 11).

We've got a decent signal, so I'm not very worried about it and expect a fix in the next build or so...

jas3
quiqsilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashing from dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin to BrainSlayer-RC7-9379\dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin bricked my router. I've tried this on 2 units with the same result, and I cannot upload new firmware via tftp. It powers on with a solid orange power light that remains indefinitely. The tftp server does not seem to run when booting the router, as I cannot ping it. If I hold the reset button in while powering on the unit and hold it after that, the unit starts to ping at ttl=100, then the power light briefly changes from orange to green, then back to solid orange. At the time of the color change, the unit stops responding to ping requests. If I try to start a tftp upload while it's responding to pings at ttl=100, it just eventually times out. Attempting to start an upload does not delay the router's power light color change or delay its unresponsiveness to ping requests.

Users in this thread have reported using r9370 successfully, so it looks like the problem was created between r9371 and r9379.
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:38    Post subject: bump Reply with quote
BTTT...

Would be happy to provide you with SSH access, eko...

jas3
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 19:50    Post subject: New Build: RC7-9396 Reply with quote
Looks like:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC7-9396/dd-wrt.v24-9396_NEWD_openvpn.bin

has been posted.

Has anybody tried it yet?

Also, is there a changelog posted anywhere such that one can see what's different in this (or any other) version than the one's preceding it?

Thanks,

jas3
quiqsilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:20    Post subject: Re: New Build: RC7-9396 Reply with quote
simkiss wrote:
Also, is there a changelog posted anywhere such that one can see what's different in this (or any other) version than the one's preceding it?

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline
csalmon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
quiqsilver, my v2 is in the exact same state as yours and sparkies.

From what I have read here so far, these units do not respond correctly when connected to the jtag points.

I was looking closely at the jtag points on mine and noticed that there are resistors missing from both the 10 pin header and the test points on the side of the board. I am wondering if Netgear left these off the board intentionally in order to deter the use of a jtag on these units? Perhaps if the resistors were added back, the board might respond to the jtag. I am not a sofware guy but know a bit about electronics and circuit board repair.

Just a thought...
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
csalmon wrote:
quiqsilver, my v2 is in the exact same state as yours and sparkies.

From what I have read here so far, these units do not respond correctly when connected to the jtag points.

I was looking closely at the jtag points on mine and noticed that there are resistors missing from both the 10 pin header and the test points on the side of the board. I am wondering if Netgear left these off the board intentionally in order to deter the use of a jtag on these units? Perhaps if the resistors were added back, the board might respond to the jtag. I am not a sofware guy but know a bit about electronics and circuit board repair.

Just a thought...

try adding the resiters you think go there to the end of the jtag wires.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 18:29    Post subject: Re: New Build: RC7-9396 Reply with quote
quiqsilver wrote:
simkiss wrote:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline

Superb, quiqsilver! I never saw that link until you posted it. I've just added the bug about channels not changing to the bug tracker and will keep reading up to see where we are...

jas3

p.s. Anybody using RC7-9396 yet on the Netgear WNR834Bv2 ?
csalmon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
MikesTooLz wrote:
try adding the resiters you think go there to the end of the jtag wires.

The resistors that are missing are not in line with the jtag wires so they cannot be just added to the wires. The resistors that are missing appear to be pull-up or pull-down resistors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_resistor

Not having these on the board could keep communication to the chip from working. I can try and find some surface mount resistors to add to the board (this is the type that are missing) but I have never really tried to use a jtag with anything. Also, I have no way of knowing for sure what value the resistors should be.
T
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi folks....

I read through all of these posts and I'm kind of unsure of weather or not I can run these files on my WNR834B V1?

I have dd-wrt.v24_mini-netgear.bin ready to flash via web interface wirelessly,

Should I just load dd-wrt.v24-9346_NEWD_std.bin instead?

Or....

Should I load the netgear mini bin first and THEN the NEWD_std bin after?

Also, what if something goes wrong? Will I be able to just flash the netgear bin back or am I stuck with a bricked router?

I'm sorry, I'm trying to learn but I'm confused since this is a V1 I'm working with.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks,
T
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
T wrote:
Hi folks....

I read through all of these posts and I'm kind of unsure of weather or not I can run these files on my WNR834B V1?

I have dd-wrt.v24_mini-netgear.bin ready to flash via web interface wirelessly,

Should I just load dd-wrt.v24-9346_NEWD_std.bin instead?

Or....

Should I load the netgear mini bin first and THEN the NEWD_std bin after?

Also, what if something goes wrong? Will I be able to just flash the netgear bin back or am I stuck with a bricked router?

I'm sorry, I'm trying to learn but I'm confused since this is a V1 I'm working with.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks,
T

Hi T:

I was a newbie a month ago, so I'll take a stab at a few answers for you.

Start with the .bin mini version, but flash it WIRED, not wirelessly. Then you can go right to STD after that.

If something goes wrong, you can TFTP the router back to life with the original firmware maybe....give this a 90% probability). Consider that there is a 10% probability that your router will become unflashable and you will have to buy a new one. But that's not too likely.

Give it a try and post here if you run into any problems.

jas3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: