Netgear WNR834Bv2 - is it supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Convenience for you, but not to the developers that have to manualy create 2 seperate builds 1 as chk and 1 as bin and just for this router.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
MikesTooLz wrote:
Convenience for you, but not to the developers that have to manualy create 2 seperate builds 1 as chk and 1 as bin and just for this router.

But this should only involve adding a header to the resulting build. Similar things are done with builds for other routers already.

But then the usefulness of this is marginal.

Ian
andyrdhall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been running Eko's build from yesterday and it seems to be behaving well - I am just using it in a simple access point mode so far.

I'm getting 30Mbit+ with FTP and SCP between a notebook and Linux server, which suggests that it's operating beyond 802.11g I think. The System Information report gives 170Mb.

I have noticed a couple of wireless related issues:

- Other firmware has settings for the main channel and a wide one. There is only one setting here

- Change of a channel setting does not happen until the router is rebooted or repowered.

This is the first time that I've used dd-wrt and I'm quite impressed so far. I particularly like the watchdog and timed reboot features. One of the difficulties of this class of router, with manufacturer firmware at least has been that they eventually seem to go deaf on the wireless of LAN interfaces or both and require a reboot. I've never identified why, perhaps memory leak? No doubt this Linux based firmware doesn't have these problems. At any rate, an automatic reboot at 0400 is a very useful set and forget capability.
mazzich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
im a noob, i have a new wnr834b v2, and i want install dd-wrt on it. i red all 14 pages and im not sure what do i have to do now when final version is ready and seems to work good.

Quote:
flash through stock netgear web-if to http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=4226

does it mean to use original netgear firmware upgrader thru my web-browser?

thanks for any help
quiqsilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazzich wrote:
Quote:
flash through stock netgear web-if to http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=4226

does it mean to use original netgear firmware upgrader thru my web-browser?

Yes. For both upgrades, you use the web interface of the respective firmware.
badgerlb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
raven-au wrote:
MikesTooLz wrote:

But this should only involve adding a header to the resulting build. Similar things are done with builds for other routers already.

But then the usefulness of this is marginal.

Ian

That was kind of my point but no worries. I was thinking it may be a little easier for newbies to understand if they only had to flash it once and not hop around through 2 different interfaces to get it flashed..
quiqsilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can try other builds now; r9343+ has the v2 code.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FRC7-9344/

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/9343

Cheers Eko.
vze2jbz7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im new to all this so I am not sure about what i can do. First I wanna thank eko for his work on making the v2 version work. What i want to know is would i be able to flash the .chk file which was uploaded yesterday by eko and then flash to the standard (located here http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC7-9344/dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin ). From my understanding it should work because the netgear has a 4mb flash right?
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
vze2jbz7 wrote:
Im new to all this so I am not sure about what i can do. First I wanna thank eko for his work on making the v2 version work. What i want to know is would i be able to flash the .chk file which was uploaded yesterday by eko and then flash to the standard (located here http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/RC7-9344/dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin ). From my understanding it should work because the netgear has a 4mb flash right?

Yes once you flash the working mini DD-wrt .chk firmware, you can then flash the new dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin.

I would be carfull if you plan on using any of the other versions like VPN. People that have tried these tend to brick the router. Im not sure if eko's update fixes this problem, I think he just got the wirless working correctly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for conforming MikesTooLz. I am now running dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin. Everything is working great the only problem i am having is with changing the channel under wireless settings. It is set on channel 1 and i cant change it to anything else. This may not be a problem to others but i get disconnected constantly when using channel 1 on any wireless router in my home (it happens when i use the wireless 2.4ghz phones in my home). Is there any command i can use to force it to change?

Edit: It seems that i can avoid using channel 1 by clicking auto instead and now it has changed it to channel 6.
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
vze2jbz7 wrote:
Thanks for conforming MikesTooLz. I am now running dd-wrt.v24-9344_NEWD_std.bin. Everything is working great the only problem i am having is with changing the channel under wireless settings. It is set on channel 1 and i cant change it to anything else. This may not be a problem to others but i get disconnected constantly when using channel 1 on any wireless router in my home (it happens when i use the wireless 2.4ghz phones in my home). Is there any command i can use to force it to change?

Edit: It seems that i can avoid using channel 1 by clicking auto instead and now it has changed it to channel 6.

Mine lets me change channels, Im using channel 6 right now. try setting the channel if it dosnt work reboot the router.

I'm trying to setup the anchorfree service and it sets up the seperate SSID, I got an email from anchorfree with my account info, I can connect to the anchorfree SSID and surf the net and gives me a 17.... ip address like its supposed to.

But It still lets me connect to the router gui at 192.168.1.1, and It dosnt display the banner on the pages. Anchorfree dosnt show any activity and the router now says under status, "cannot reach registration site!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes - std is working fine now on mine as well! Do you think OpenVPN version is working as well now? It should be fitting since it is still < 4 MB Flash RAM right? But last time it almost bricked my router... so i'm still a bit hesitant
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm 99.9% sure problem with openvpn is fixed now. It was some firmware alignment problem.
mrwawa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope - unfortunately OpenVPN does not work Sad ... but it didn't brick my router as well Wink
Funny after flashing the router (which went fine according to status) the power symbol was blinking and TTL from ping didn't get out of TTL=100. Same after re-power. So i tryed flashing back too previous std version which didn't work then either: still power symbol blinking and TTL=100. So then i tftp-ed back to Netgear .. that worked and from that over mini to newest STD version again... which is working fine again.
vze2jbz7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still haven't been able to select my own channel. I am also having problems running it on mix mode for b,g and n. I get really slow connection speeds when I am only like 2 feet away from the router. Setting it to mixed b and g fixes this problem but changing the channel is still not possible so i am always loosing my wireless connection. I don't have an N card so b and g mode is fine for me. Also I did flash to todays release and still have those problems.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: