wrt-600n refuses to flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
JDErickson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:06    Post subject: wrt-600n refuses to flash Reply with quote
I have a new WRT-600N and have been attempting to upgrade to DD-WRT firmware.

I followed every instruction in the WIKI and everytime I try it fails after 11 seconds. It doesn't overwrite the old firmware though.

I have tried reflashing the current Linksys firmware through the web GUI with same issue.

I tried flashing original Linksys firmware with TFTP and it worked.

I tried flashing DD-WRT firmware with TFTP and got a timeout error.

I am sure I have the correct DD-WRT firmware.

Maybe I have a defective router?? I can not get any firmware to flash either through the WEB GUI or TFTP.

Any ideas?
Sponsor
bigbambo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
have you gone to the latest 600n linksys firmware yet?

when i got my 600n in early january it did NOT have the latest linksys firmware on it (dated 12/17 i think)

maybe try flashing that first, then going to dd-wrt?

i never tried to flash to dd-wrt running the initial linksys firmware, all my attempts came after i was running the 12/17 version.
lipster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 15:01    Post subject: Same here! Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue - wont flash EVEN THE NEWEST LINKSYS FIRMWARE. So NOTHING will flash. I get to 11 seconds and it bails out... did any solution come out of this thread?
bigbambo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 17:05    Post subject: Re: Same here! Reply with quote
lipster wrote:
I'm having the same issue - wont flash EVEN THE NEWEST LINKSYS FIRMWARE. So NOTHING will flash. I get to 11 seconds and it bails out... did any solution come out of this thread?

ya, as mentioned in the other wrt600n thread, RMA the router.
lipster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which thread is it? I'm doing searches and not finding the correct thread. I'd like to print it out in the case of the RMA being challenged.
lipster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
lipster wrote:
Which thread is it? I'm doing searches and not finding the correct thread. I'd like to print it out in the case of the RMA being challenged.

Never mind ... found it finally.
lipster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just as an update ... i've ordered another router and the SAME ISSUE. I was online with linksys on both of these instances and they really dont think there is a problem. They told me to not upgrade the firmware. ?!?! Did anyone resolve this besides wasting money and time buying, returning, buying returning...
robinjames
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol I have 2 600N's on order due here March 7th... hope ill still be able to sleep tonight, thanks!!!!
biggy boy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hers the link to the other thread.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24947&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Glen

"Your comparing him to George FUCKING Bush is what immediately designated you, ********, as the ASS HAT of the year"

"Thanks Eko. You can holster your spoon now"
steffen.moser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:22    Post subject: Re: wrt-600n refuses to flash Reply with quote
Hi,

JDErickson wrote:

I followed every instruction in the WIKI and everytime I try it fails after 11 seconds. It doesn't overwrite the old firmware though?

Does anybody know if it is possible to identify the affected batch of the WRT600N by its serial number or manufacturing date?

The reason behind my question is that the WRT600N is still not available in Europe. Linksys' support is not able to tell me when it will be available ("No release plan, yet"). Even on the Cebit exhibition in Hannover/Germany two weeks ago, the Linksys people couldn't if and when it will be released in Europe. As I don't want to spend money for a 802.11n device which is able to work on the crowded 2.4 GHz only (like the WRT350N), I am thinking about ordering a WRT600N in USA. (Or does anyone know a dealer in Europe or even in Germany?).

So when importing the router from the USA, doing an RMA would be not so easy, I think. And, of course, I would like to run DD-WRT on it. So just not upgrading the firmware is not possible in my case.

Therefore I would really like to know if it is possible to distinguish the affected and the non-affected WRT600Ns in advance.

Thank you very much in advance!

Bye,
Steffen
JDErickson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 15:06    Post subject: Re: wrt-600n refuses to flash Reply with quote
steffen.moser wrote:
Hi,

JDErickson wrote:

I followed every instruction in the WIKI and everytime I try it fails after 11 seconds. It doesn't overwrite the old firmware though?

Does anybody know if it is possible to identify the affected batch of the WRT600N by its serial number or manufacturing date?

The reason behind my question is that the WRT600N is still not available in Europe. Linksys' support is not able to tell me when it will be available ("No release plan, yet"). Even on the Cebit exhibition in Hannover/Germany two weeks ago, the Linksys people couldn't if and when it will be released in Europe. As I don't want to spend money for a 802.11n device which is able to work on the crowded 2.4 GHz only (like the WRT350N), I am thinking about ordering a WRT600N in USA. (Or does anyone know a dealer in Europe or even in Germany?).

So when importing the router from the USA, doing an RMA would be not so easy, I think. And, of course, I would like to run DD-WRT on it. So just not upgrading the firmware is not possible in my case.

Therefore I would really like to know if it is possible to distinguish the affected and the non-affected WRT600Ns in advance.

Thank you very much in advance!

Bye,
Steffen

Only thing I have been able to determine for sure is routers manufactured after 2007 are affected.

I have had 4 routers manufactured in 2008 and all were unflashable.
shurik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router has "Manufactured 01/2008" on the bottom and it flashed fine. I got it here. Now I ordered a second one.
shurik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
shurik wrote:
My router has "Manufactured 01/2008" on the bottom and it flashed fine. I got it here. Now I ordered a second one.

See update on my experience here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: