Linksys WRH54G now supported

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 15:41    Post subject: Linksys WRH54G now supported Reply with quote
Linksys WRH54G is now supported by dd-wrt. No need to replace cfe, but you alwayays need to use special firmware built for wrh54g only. Even for later GUI upgrades.

Upgrading to dd-wrt:

1) Restore to defaults
2) Open upgrade page, select dd-wrt.v24_RC7-9063_micro_wrh54g.bin (or other special wrh image)
3) Upgrade
4) When it comes back, be sure to press reset button for 5 s to restore dd-wrt's factory defaults
*** that's it ***

Reverting back to original firmware:
1) Download WRH54G firmware from Linksys
1) Restore to defaults
2) Open upgrade page, select the firmware
3) Upgrade
4) When it comes back, be sure to press reset button for 5 s to restore Linksys's factory defaults
*** that's it ***

Don't use this image on any other router - for WRH54G only !

Special thanks to a9988cd for donation, Tornado and redhawk0 for all the work and testing.

wrh54g-medium.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.55 KB
 Viewed:  124179 Time(s)

wrh54g-medium.jpg

dd-wrt.v24_RC7-9063_micro_wrh54g.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_RC7-9063_micro_wrh54g.bin
 Filesize:  1.68 MB
 Downloaded:  52103 Time(s)

Last edited by Eko on Fri Feb 15, 2008 19:03; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Eko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, looks like nobody has this router.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nope...sent mine to Slovenia. Laughing

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's great news. I just bought one of these routers last weekend; and was hoping it would be supported soon.

Will try out the firmware when I get home.
giantpotato
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been lurking here for a while waiting for the WRH54G to be supported.

I just had to register to thank you and everyone involved for all the hard work you no doubt put into getting the firmware working on this router.

I've been running DD-WRT for about a day now and it's been working great.

I'm sure once word spreads that the WRH54G is supported, more people will be using DD-WRT on it.

Thanks again for the hard work.
punker_4_real
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you Know how fast the cpu is?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
punker_4_real wrote:
do you Know how fast the cpu is?

Its a 5354 CPU at 240MHz...like the Buffalo WHR-G125...but it's neutered like all the new Linksys units.

redhawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
It works very well on my WRH54G! Kudos to everyone involved.

Any chance the WGA54G can load DD-WRT? It's got a really flaky firmware Sad
soarer2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:09    Post subject: Repeater Reply with quote
Does RC7-9050 still have the repeater bridge issue where client can't connect to the repeater wireless and is this function fully function on this WRGH54G? Thank you very much
Eko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
RC7-9063 fixes this.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
added
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Linksys

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33    Post subject: WDS bug Reply with quote
I just got thru installing the new firmware for this router (WHR54G) and set it up as a server wds to a WRT54Gv8 client. I am able to get WDS working using WPA TKIP but everytime I disconnect power I have to rejoin the server. The settings remained the same but it disconnects after a power cycle. On the same note..after I rejoin the server, in the Wireless>basic settings>wireless mode it turns to client. I have to reselect AP mode again and apply settings in order for the connection to be reestablished. Is there any solution or can this be addressed in the next update? Thanks!
JNasty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:44    Post subject: Constant Connection Loss Reply with quote
One more note on this new firmware. I am experiencing extreme connection loss. Connection seems to go out apprx every 10mins if not more frequently. I'm not sure if it's due to the encryption or something else. But I never had these issues using stock firmware. Can anyone else confirm this?
guidotrueb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just installed the new firmware for my WRH54G and it worked fine, until configuring the security (WAP), PPPoE DSL connection, port forwarding and QoS for HTML and JPEG. It is working in gateway mode. Now I can't navigate the web. Other services like torrent and ping are fine. The strange thing is that I can access the Google search page and the GMail (maybe because these are not simple html based)! Maybe there is a problem with the QoS service, but I tried to downgrade to the original Linksys firmware and it didn't work, I couldn't even ping, but the internet connection is fine (I did test thru the router's diagnostic page). I could also connect to the internet using the PPPoE passthrough (that the original firmware has, why you do not put this in DD-WRT? It is a great feature when it is not routing).

I tried to reset to factory defaults for both firmwares, and now I am working again with DD-WRT, trying to find a solution. I am new in this wireless world, despite I am a computer scientist with some good programming skills. So, should I give more information about it, like the active connections or some log file? Is it normal the router to have more than one IP address (192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 for example)? Because after this problem, I tried to change the router's IP and now it is answering the two IP addresses. Another thing is, after a while (15 min.), I tried to connect to the router and it got stock, forcing me to reset it.

I would like to thank the great work you are doing on this firmware, it is really great with a lot of new features. Could someone please help me with this problem?
JNasty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 22:51    Post subject: Port Forwarding Reply with quote
I seemed to have resolved my dropped connection by using WPA TKIP+AES, however I unable to utilized port forward. One the primary router, I have port forwarded my necessary ports for RDP but I am unable to connect. One point in all these it seems that a reboot is necessary after any changes. Even after using the apply setting and save settings option.

On another note. DMZ is not working as well. I have a buffalo router with DD-WRT so I am familiar with the firmware. I usually put my Xbox360 in the DMZ and I get a open NAT...now all I get is strick NAT.

Thanks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: