Netgear WNR834Bv2 - is it supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Will
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 21:47    Post subject: wnr538b Reply with quote
Do not despair. I believe that the folks supporting DD-WRT will not give up on us. Who would not want to see an N router bridge in operation?
Sponsor
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deaks2 wrote:
Urgh, if only I'd come here and confirmed all this before just checking the Wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear) and wasting a morning on this Confused

I did the same thing, just got one because it said it was supported and firmware needs to be tftp'ed the first time.

hopefully it will be working with dd-wrt soon.

I saw some one post before that the v2 wouldn't give them 100 ttl on boot. If you hold the reset button while plugging power you will get ttl 100 a couple times but tftp will still time out.
Will
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 22:27    Post subject: wnr538b Reply with quote
Wonder if the same security responsible for keeping Telnet users from accessing this router is preventing TFTP users from flashing? Probably not because flashing attempts should be taking place prior to the existing OS security coming online.
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
any new updates? You guys even still trying to get it going?
JurQ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
nah, i dont have time, so im waiting for someone to figure it out how to make it
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well they said the final will be ready soon, even though none of us can seem to flash the darn thing it is listed as a supported model.

Those two things plus the router is under $100 gives me hope in running dd-wrt on it some day and make me want to keep the router and wait for it instead of returning it to the store.

You can put me down as another person that will be donating along with JurQ when we get a working version. Wish I could help out more but I'm still a noob when it comes to dd-wrt.
hulk1at
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is even worse, i was able to flash it (generic, worked even at the first try), but now i am trying to get back to the original netgear firmware and it is just not working.
if anyone has some suggestions, please help me!

what i tried: pull out the cable, plug it in again and then entered the same line onto the command prompt as for the dd-wrt firmware except for the filename, which i replaced with the original firmware.

the file transfer is reported to be successfull, ping reply is stopping and the lights keep orange but i can wait 20 minutes and nothing happens. when re-flash dd-wrt firmware it is working again, even the settings are kept, so somehow the flash process doesnt start, as far as i can see.
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
wait you got it to flash on a v2?
and dd-wrt is working? What did you do to get the flash to work?

did you reset to factory defaults and then try to flash original firmware?
hulk1at
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
it is version 1. i did reset factory settings, then after reboot i tried to flash via sftp. i tried every available wrn834b v1 firmware Sad
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
hulk1at wrote:
it is version 1. i did reset factory settings, then after reboot i tried to flash via sftp. i tried every available wrn834b v1 firmware Sad

we know you can flash the version 1.

this thread is for version 2.
hulk1at
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah sorry, didnt see that.

but why is v2 reported to work in the hardware list if it isnt?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
who knows why its listed under supported models.

anyone is able to update/add/delete them.
c0manche
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just had a peek at the GPL code / toolset for the wnr834b v2 on netgears website and it has all the tools included for signing/ creating a .chk file that can be uploaded via the web interface of the router.

unfortunately my abilities don't reach the dizzy heights of been unable to create a dd-wrt that have been turned into a chk file that can be uploaded :(

Hopefully some kind developer of dd-wrt will integrate the necessary tools / makefile steps into their makefiles from the netgear stuff so we can get a version that can be uploaded the router for its initial flashing so we can get the firmware on the v2 routers. then from then on be able to flash the .bin files Very Happy
MikesTooLz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
If someone can do that, that would be greate.

someone build a chk and post a link, ill test it on mine and let everyone know how it goes.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
it would be graet if some of xou could privide us a copy of the cfe and nvram (via jtag).
then the support might be done within days.

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: