AT&T U-verse with DD-WRT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wabyrd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 15:11    Post subject: AT&T U-verse with DD-WRT? Reply with quote
Does anyone have a dd-wrt router hooked up to AT&T's U-Verse service with internet service? Are there any issues I should be aware of before I sign up for the service? Are there any tips or tricky settings I should be aware of after I sign up?

Thanks,
Bill
Sponsor
wabyrd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I should be a bit more specific about my setup. I've got cable internet now with a perfect setup for my wrt54gl router. I'm basically wanting to ensure that the u-verse gateway (it appears to be a combo modem/wireless router/IPTV receiver) will just let ALL internet traffic pass through uninterupted to the linksys router behind it. I just want the new u-verse gateway to take the place of my cable modem and I don't want to use the wireless features of the gateway. Does ANYONE have the uverse service? I've looked on their support page at uverse.att.com, but I can't find anything about the setup if you want to continue to use your own router.

Thanks,
Bill
wabyrd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nobody has U-verse? How about a detailed setup manual for the U-verse access point to see how it'll interact with my dd-wrt router?
highrisk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, you HAVE to use the AT&T Router because it acts as an IPTV Gateway (and soon to be VoIP Gateway) and it uses special QoS to use it. The DSL connection to your house is actually BLAZING fast (77Mbps to my house) and the router is what sets everything up.

You CAN put a Linksys router behind the 2WIRE and place it in a DMZ, and that could do a relatively good job...I don't do it, but you can. The only thing I need to advise you on is you NEED to use AT&T's DNS servers otherwise all TV's fail.

So personally, I don't use a DMZ or anything, but I have a DHCP server on the 2WIRE for the TV's only, and another DHCP server on my Linksys with my special stuff. If you have any other questions, PM me as I don't check these forums daily.
begleysm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is an old thread but it comes up in a Google search and I still use this setup today so I figured I'll share by experience.

I have a DD-WRT router with AT&T DSL. I've tested it with Linksys WRT54G and TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Routers as well as 5268AC and i38HG AT&T Modems. This works with the U-Verse service and the DSL service.

It's got all the step-by-step instructions and lots of screenshots so I'll just link it:

https://steamforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_to_Setup_a_DD-WRT_Router_with_AT%26T_U-verse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: