Please help: Very bad receive / normal send (Asus WL-500gP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
benstadin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:15    Post subject: Please help: Very bad receive / normal send (Asus WL-500gP) Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a very bad receive signal with my Asus WL-500gP. I've tested it upside down with my notebook, a linksys WRT54g-D2 (with dd-wrt) and an AVM Fritz!Box 7170.
Send strength of the Asus is just normal, my notebook show -38 dB in-room (with broadcom chipset, Dell Truemobile), while the Asus shows -57 dB receive from the notebook and -47 dB from the FritzBox which is just a few steps away in the same room!

The WRT54G-D2 is at my neighbour, this one receives -66 dB from the Asus and abou -60 from the FritzBox, while my Asus receives -80! (FritzBox doesn't show signal strength in dB, but there I have also good receiving signal with 75% receive from the WRT54g).

I also tried my double-biquad antenna which is installed on the roof, I get a signal of -80 with that Antenna, and no signal without.
I have tested two other devices at the roof previously, which had -80 dB with just the normal antenna (including a shitty D-Link DI-524).

I have tried several channels ad antenna positions, have tried the second internal connector (which didn't work anyways, eventhough selecting the antenna in the advanced wlan options) and a second antenna from the D-Link to make sure the antenna isn't broken.

I'm really confused. Is there any boardflag for that device that has to be set or whatever? If it stays that way, I can throw this thing away (it's supposed to be installed on the roof).

Cheers,
Ben
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: