DD-WRT with multiple WAN IP addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
DIrEctQL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 20:27    Post subject: DD-WRT with multiple WAN IP addresses Reply with quote
Simply said: I ordered Comcast business class internet and got 5 static IP addresses with the service. The problem is that I want to run everything through my Linksys WRT350N router. That means all 5 IPs trough the single WAN port.

I figured the solution is to create extra VLANs, assign them with one of the 5 IPs each and configure them similar to VLAN2 is right now. Then I would use IP tables to forward ports from some of my internal servers to the specific VLANs.

Does this sound doable? Looks like the web GUI will be more or less useless for this. How come I can't create VLAN3 using vconfig command?
Sponsor
cstumpf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish that for quite a while now with no luck. I and a few others have asked for help in this forum and got no response at all. Either no one knows how to do it or they think it is so obvious that to respond is beneath them.

It would be wonderful if you could just enter multiple external IP addresses via the gui, rather than having to script 30 plus lines of code to do it.
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently not possible with GUI, but if you're not fearing SSH, then you want to read this superb thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13869&highlight=triple+wan, read all the way to the end, there is much good info and stuff :)

ADD:

cstumpf wrote:
I've been trying to figure out how to accomplish that for quite a while now with no luck. I and a few others have asked for help in this forum and got no response at all. Either no one knows how to do it or they think it is so obvious that to respond is beneath them.

It's not that we won't care, but there is the fact this has been discussed before, and there also are some good threads about how to achieve it by SSH and scripts... Also we know GUI would be superb, but no point to repeat it all over the forum, developers do know about the eager for this too...
DIrEctQL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know the dual WAN instructions but they're not what I was looking for. After some experimenting It was kind of easy actually. Here you go:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=143615#143615

I just don't know how to save all of this.
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
DIrEctQL wrote:

in GUI you can put these to Administration --> Commands --> Dialog... I'd put whole thing to firewall, at least IPtables rules.
DIrEctQL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
olmari wrote:
DIrEctQL wrote:

in GUI you can put these to Administration --> Commands --> Dialog... I'd put whole thing to firewall, at least IPtables rules.
How would I rebuild the iptables rules. After creating the alias I have to go to NAT/Port Forward and click Apply... otherwise the new IP won't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: