How to scan for ANY OPEN WIFI? [SOLVED] - AutoAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 92, 93, 94  Next
JohnnyPrimus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
as long as the startup commands are saved in the startup script, they will run on any reboot; scheduled or otherwise.
Sponsor
chiefwigms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
JohnnyPrimus wrote:
as long as the startup commands are saved in the startup script, they will run on any reboot; scheduled or otherwise.

I just rebooted the router via Administration->Services->Reboot Router

After the reboot, i checked the processes running, autoap wasn't listed... I had to restart it by running the startup commands manually... could this be with the build i'm running?
chiefwigms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey guys -

i updated the whr-g54s to v24 RC5 nokaid (dd-wrt.v24_generic_nokaid.bin).. but now whenever I try to enable jffs, the router lists Total/Free on JFFS as 320.00 KB / 0, regardless of how many times i clean jffs...

any thoughts on how to get the jffs up and running? it worked fine on the previous std nokaid image i had..
Drats
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
hey guys -

i updated the whr-g54s to v24 RC5 nokaid (dd-wrt.v24_generic_nokaid.bin).. but now whenever I try to enable jffs, the router lists Total/Free on JFFS as 320.00 KB / 0, regardless of how many times i clean jffs...

RC5 nokaid just does not have enough room for jffs. You need to load the RC5 mini generic version.

I don't remember if RC4 nokaid has enough space, but I am sure RC3 nokaid does have.

So far RC6 is a no-go but I have not tried RC6.2 yet.

Asus RT-N66U B1, AP Router, Merlin Version 3.0.0.4.376.49_4, bl_version=1.0.1.3
Asus WL-500W, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/14) mini-usb-ftp - build 24160
Buffalo WHR-G54S, Repeater:
_____ broadcom, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/29/14) mini - build 23838, AutoAP (2013-10-01)
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, Repeater:
_____ broadcom, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/29/14) mini - build 23838, AutoAP (2013-10-01)
LinkSys WRT54G-V2, Repeater:
_____ broadcom, DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/17/15) mini - build 25948 , AutoAP (2013-10-01)
JN
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
JohnnyPrimus wrote:
if the repeater connect via specified mac thing isn't addressed by someone else before the new year, i'll give it a go at that point. waiting for my dev boxes to arrive, i'm to lazy to set up a new build environment on the pos im using now.
Thank you for your reply. I have not found any evidence that its being done in the forums (including the RC6 builds), so please give it a shot. Did you get your new dev boxes?
chiefwigms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drats wrote:
Quote:
hey guys -

RC5 nokaid just does not have enough room for jffs. You need to load the RC5 mini generic version.

I don't remember if RC4 nokaid has enough space, but I am sure RC3 nokaid does have.

So far RC6 is a no-go but I have not tried RC6.2 yet.

nice - workin with RC5 mini std Smile thanks!
bkmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 0:36    Post subject: Anyone try an RC5 autoap? Reply with quote
Hello,
I tried inserting the autoap files from the autoap RC1micro firmware into the RC5 micro. I could not get the config page to show. Can someone please confirm what changes are made to get autoap running on the micro. It seems to me like I need autoap.sh in /bin, autoap.cgi and .exe in /usr, and S02autoap in /etc/init.d. Anything that I missed?

Thanks
kuthulu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 14:16    Post subject: Re: Anyone try an RC5 autoap? Reply with quote
bkmo wrote:
It seems to me like I need autoap.sh in /bin, autoap.cgi and .exe in /usr, and S02autoap in /etc/init.d. Anything that I missed?

Thanks

yes, that'all.
but you must give execute permissions to all files
chmod +x /usr/autoap.cgi
chmod +x /usr/autoap.exe
chmod +x /etc/init.d/S02autoap

good luck

ssh/telnet connection manager for linux
http://kuthulu.com/gcm
bkmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 0:44    Post subject: Re: Anyone try an RC5 autoap? Reply with quote
bkmo wrote:
It seems to me like I need autoap.sh in /bin, autoap.cgi and .exe in /usr, and S02autoap in /etc/init.d. Anything that I missed?

kuthulu wrote:
yes, that'all.
good luck

For some reason it did not work on RC5 Micro. Seems to crash httpd. I don't have a micro right now to test further. It is running great on an RC5 standard that is highly customized on a wrtsl54gs. The router is running asterisk and a php webserver and autoap coexists nicely. Great job on this application.

Brian
umtsmen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07    Post subject: AutoAP is not working on the latest RC6 Reply with quote
I had a nice wrt54g running v24 rc5 with the AutoAP configured. After the upgrade to the lastest RC6, it's not working anymore. I reset to factory default, reconfigured manually and I notice tha the unit is connected, that the WAN and WLAN share the same mac address, the dhcp on the virtual SSID works, my laptop aquires an ip address, but i cannot ping the gateway (even if ipconfig /all on my laptop tells me that the gateway is 192.168.1.1 ). The /user/autoap.htm page is not working at all.

If i try to connect via cable, i'm able to ping and surf.

After spending few hours, I downgrade the unit to version 5 and in less than a minute everything was working.

Can anyone test it? IMHO the issue is with on virtual ssid side.

Regards
bkmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:05    Post subject: Re: AutoAP is not working on the latest RC6 Reply with quote
umtsmen wrote:

Can anyone test it? IMHO the issue is with on virtual ssid side.
Regards

From what I am reading about the RC6 releases on this forum, is that repeaters repeater/bridges are not working. Has to do with the new wireless drivers added to RC6. Thus the virtual side has no internet connectivity. Eko has released an RC6 build with the old wireless driver that supposedly works great.

Bkmo
oldsnowcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Back in Dec there was talk of adding a feature for repeater connect via specified mac. Has this been included in an new releases?

This feature would help solve a problem for my situation. Any news would be appreciated.

oldsnowcat
Raynentye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a couple of v1 Linksys WTR54GS travel routers I'd like to install the AutoAP firmware into. I see ASUS, Generic, WRT54G, WRT54GS, WRT54GSv4, and WRTSL54GS versions.

Which version should I install?

Also, I have a v2 I'd like to install, which normally uses the micro version of DD-WRT. Is it safe to use the v24RC1 version (micro generic aapng file)?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd like to start out by confessing that I'm fairly new to the idea of telnet/ssh-ing to a router and copying things to its flash memory, etc. I can flash the router with firmware no problem, but the rest of it is new to me. So, I hope that you'll be patient in answering my question, and I greatly appreciate your help.

Here's my problem: I have a Linksys WRT54GS v1 with DD-WRT v24 (05/30/07), not sure which RC, using Windows XP SP2. I want to use AutoAP with the webGUI, and I'd like to load it onto the router itself. I've been trying to use the dynamically downloaded script, but if I had to guess why I've been having trouble, I'd say that the router can't download the script since it doesn't have any internet access without the script. A terrible, vicious cycle, to be sure.

So, I'd like to put the latest version of AutoAP onto the router itself. If I need a different version of the firmware, please let me know. I know that there are some versions of DDWRT with AutoAP built-in, but I've already run into trouble trying to go that route. I flashed my router (which already had DDWRT) using dd-wrt.v24_AAP-0130_mini_wrt54gs.bin and it was bricked. I had to use the voidman method from the WRT54GS Revival Guide to resurrect it. It's alive and kicking again with the aforementioned version of DDWRT, but I'm very wary of trying to flash it with another version of DDWRT with AutoAP preloaded. I think the problem might be that my router is a WRT54GS version 1, so please keep that in mind.

What I'd like are step-by-step instructions for loading the script and the other necessary files to the router and utilizing the webGUI. And by step-by-step, I'm afraid that I mean including how to turn on JFFS, upload files to the router, the specific commands, etc.

Again, thanks in advance for your help and I'm sorry to bother you with a request for such technical and detailed instructions. But, I assure you that I've searched long and hard (including the AutoAP wiki, this thread, etc.) and haven't been able to find any instructions about AutoAP that don't presume some rudimentary knowledge of using telnet/ssh/jffs/etc, so I hope you won't just stop at telling me to RTFM. Smile
mj56gt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41    Post subject: Newbie using WHR-G125 as a repeater Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a newbie using DD-WRT with WHR-G125 as a repeater. I know how to set it up as a wireless repeater. However, I would like to set it up so that it can repeat multiple hosts some of which are open while others are password-protected and it could connect to whichever available on a preferred order. Is this possible? If so, where can I find some wiki for this kind of setup?

Thank you very much for your kind help,
Joe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 92, 93, 94  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 61 of 94
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: