Stumped. Completely secure FON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mubix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 19:12    Post subject: Stumped. Completely secure FON Reply with quote
Alright, so I am not sure which of the DD-WRT firmwares I am running on my FON but one night I am tinkering and I turn of the WAP. No problem right? Wrong, I left the WAN on DHCP. So, for some of you who are more adept. Still not a problem. Well, here is what I have tried:
1. Holding the reset button for 2 minutes, while turning on, while off, pressing multiple times.
2. Reflashing the FON
3. NMaping for open ports.

Results:
1a. No change, FON still boots and looks for a DHCP address
2a. Never enters red boot as far as I know, the very first packet that I see across the wire is 0.0.0.0 DHCP DISCOVER
3a. All ports are closed. I let it boot on the LAN and watched it pick up an IP.

Also, I tried making a serial cable and I believe I failed, because no data is transmitted. I am continuing to work on finding a working step by step on making a serial cable as most of the schematics and writeups are pretty technical. I have also heard of a USB-TTL solution that I am looking into. If anyone has a solution or an idea on something I haven't tried yet, I am willing to try anything.

Thanks,
Mubix
Sponsor
intrax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just reflash the config, is all in the wiki.. good luck !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: