Bricked wrt300n v1.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sumerboard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:18    Post subject: Bricked wrt300n v1.1 Reply with quote
Okay, so I have flashed tons of the wrt54's with little to no problems. I've used the tftp software as well to flash them. I just got a new wrt300n V1.1 and figured I'd give it a whirl. I flashed on the dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin and the first try went all the way through with no apparent errors. It then went into the now known endless reboot stage. From what I can see no one has been able to unbrick one of these yet. I've tried just about everything I can think of and am dead out of things to try. WinXP only detects the cable even connected for a second or two and then it loses it's connection and reboots. It doesn't even appear to be responding to the pings, just an endless rebooting cycle. Any ideas?
Sponsor
tuck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the same thing and figured out a way to recover. I used Tip #2 of The WRT54G Revival Guide which can be found at:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47259.

Of course the layout of the board is different and instead of Intel flash the wrt300n uses a Samsung K8D6316UBM chip. There is a small o printed on the board next to pin 1 and the chip also has a small round indention in the corner by pin 1. I shorted pins 11 & 12 during power up and was then able to tftp a linksys image onto the router.
kocoman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
If someone can attach a serial console port to it we can 'see' why it keeps on rebooting..?
eham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 15:14    Post subject: Then what Reply with quote
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the same thing and figured out a way to recover. I used Tip #2 of The WRT54G Revival Guide which can be found at:

http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47259.

Of course the layout of the board is different and instead of Intel flash the wrt300n uses a Samsung K8D6316UBM chip. There is a small o printed on the board next to pin 1 and the chip also has a small round indention in the corner by pin 1. I shorted pins 11 & 12 during power up and was then able to tftp a linksys image onto the router.

how did you tftp to load the image
eham
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 16:26    Post subject: then read Reply with quote
I am clear... Thanks
gvibe06
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
kocoman wrote:
If someone can attach a serial console port to it we can 'see' why it keeps on rebooting..?

Attach a serial cable where exactly? I have a jtag to parallel cable...is it self explanatory if I crack it open and look?
kocoman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
See the new thread about the 1.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: