Another client bridge problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
phoenix123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 22:42    Post subject: Another client bridge problem Reply with quote
Hi, i just upgraded my fon to version v24 rc-5. I am trying to set up my fon as a wireless bridge that i can use with my 360. When i click on site survey i can see my network, i click join and then told "you have successfully joined (ssid) as a client" or something along those lines. The problem is that when i click back on the status tab, then wireless my network isnt listed at the bottom.

I followed all the steps in the pdf so am not sure where i am going wrong, my router uses wpa-aes encryption.

Thanks
Sponsor
slreno
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
make a static route on the main router to your pc connected to the bridge.. and give the pc a static ip. mine is 192.168.1.108, sub net 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is the main router ip to get itnto the setup scree. mine is 192.168.1.1 and i made the dns's the same as what the main router is showing for the wan which is the internet connection. and everything worked great..
i am still not able to add any wep or any security at all yet.. still trying to figure that one out.. you might have to turn off all security for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: