FON2200 Firmware 0.7.1r2 Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Textbook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 19:17    Post subject: FON2200 Firmware 0.7.1r2 Problems Reply with quote
So I got an email from FON about the $10 La Fonera routers and I bought one. I got one for free during the Fonbucks promo and flashed that no problem. This one has the new firmware on it though, so I read up and found two methods.

I tried the reset hack:

Quote:
* Hold reset button for 30 seconds
* Remove the power connector while still holding reset.
* Replace power connector and continue holding reset button until "wifi" lights up and goes away again (a good 2-3 minutes of holding it).
* Let go and wait for "wifi" to come back (2-3 minutes).
* Now you may use the "step1.html" and "step2.html" method to turn SSH on as you would with the normal "r1" LaFonera. It will still continue to say "r2" on the LaFonera status page whilst you enjoy your SSH connection.

After holding down the reset button for a long time, the wifi light finally came on, and as per those instructions, it should go off again. Mine never did, it stayed on. It flashed quickly a couple times, but other than that, it stayed on the entire time I was holding the reset button. When I finally let go of the button, the light did go off, then come back on again maybe 15 seconds later. Enabling SSH through the html hacks did not work, the Fonera configuration page said I had made an error.

So then I tried Kolofonium. It says to set DNS to 88.198.165.155, so I did that in La Fonera's advanced network settings under the internet connection. Rebooted the router, and tried to ssh in and it won't go. Any ideas?
Sponsor
lexstyui
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you set DNS to 88.198.165.155 and reboot your fonera, after reboot wait 10 or 15 minutes before to connect to ssh.
7.1.R2 or 7.2.R2 ???
Textbook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
lexstyui wrote:
When you set DNS to 88.198.165.155 and reboot your fonera, after reboot wait 10 or 15 minutes before to connect to ssh.
7.1.R2 or 7.2.R2 ???

Well it originally had 7.1.R2 but since connecting it to the internet to do the DNS thing, it's automatically updated itself to 7.2.R2. Since you asked, I'm guessing it doesn't work with 7.2.R2. Does that mean I need to reset it, make sure the DNS is set, then hook it up and try it again?
Textbook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks lexstyui.

Ok, I was right, and it worked this time. I downgraded using the reset button, set the settings, and started over.

Woot! Very Happy

I was able to ssh in and enable Redboot. I'm following this guide:

http://uselesshacks.com/?p=23

After enabling Redboot, I telnetted in just fine and started entering the commands in the tutorial. After what seemed like forever on the first fis command (I know they take a while) this is what I got.

so where do I go from here? I won't go any further until somebody smarter than me can tell me what to do, lol.
lexstyui
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24373
Textbook
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I read that, thanks. When I retried it and go the same errors, I decided to just go ahead an continue on and everything flashed and seems to work perfectly so far. Thanks.
jjb123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having some problems with this too, so I reset using the technique mentioned above, connected it via Ethernet to my computer and change it to a static ip with 1.1.1.1 for everything but the DNS, which is set to 88.198.165.155, connect it back to my modem, restart it, and I should be able to ssh on a wireless computer? I tried all of that and then tried to ssh in using putty to 192.168.10.1 and it said invalid route. What's wrong? Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: